Curious on what this means...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hitecgmblr

Reaction score
I made a cream ale from a kit about three weeks back. the first week after pitching the yeast was very active. they rock and rolled for about a week before the airlock showed no more. Instead of moving to primary to secondary like i intended i have put it off for a couple weeks. I decided yesterday to move to secondary, opened up the closet and i notice the airlock is showing a little pressure. what does it mean when it goes from showing nothing to something in the airlock?

It's probably still fermenting. Two weeks in primary really isn't long enuff. Take a gravity reading, then take one again tomorrow and if they're the same and at FG, then rack to secondary. Don't rack to secondary before FG is reached. Don't use an airlock as a device to measure fermentation. Only a hydrometer can tell you if your beers ready to move.

Latest posts

Back