Nugget Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I had a pyramid IPA the other day...On their website it says they use Nugget in the beer.

I didn't really care for the beer. I think the taste came from the Nugget hops. Anyone experiance an extreme herbal almost medicine like taste when using that hop?

It has a potent herbal character. I've used it for bittering and had good results.

Which IPA?

Always a matter of personal taste. My favorite beer at the 2008 Fresh Hop fest was an all-Nugget IPA. But, yes, heavily herbal and spicy.

I just did an all Nugget pale ale and I liked it. Definitely herbal, medicinal usually isn't associated with hop additions but fermentation.

I'm brewing an all Nugget IPA tomorrow so I can let you know in a few weeks. I've only ever used Nugget for bittering so I really don't know what to expect. I'm going to do additions at 60, 10, 5, 0, and then dry hop.

If used for bittering you won't get much herbal. Drinking my Yank Wanker IPA right now which is heavy handed w/Nugget (2oz) at bittering, it is not herbal. Added at 20 or 10 you get herbal. I find it cleaner than other herbally hops, like CTZ however

Back