Hop Testing Service?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brummbar

Reaction score
Hi All,

I planted a variety of hops 5 years ago on my property, and it is doing amazing well each summer. But, the tag that identified it type has since went missing, and I do not remember which it was. I seem to remember tho, it being a high AA bittering hop....but..

I would really like to 'know', you know?

Do any of you fine folks know of a service/lab where I might be able to send a few cones to have the AA level tested?

Thanks all.

helpful hint... from a total noob, me, ...don't plant your hop rhyzomes next to your air conditioner unit if your trelis is lacking, or your time to pay attention to growth is squeezed. I can't tell you how long it takes me to cut out the hops outta my unit at time...yeah i'm a dummy....

.. also wear a long sleeve shirt and gloves when cleaning up the hops plants vines in the fall..it's an itchy ordeal otherwise...

.. lastly.. Hops look 'Awesome' in full bloom growing all over an air conditioner unit.. :rockin:

Back