Prima Pils

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csoult

Reaction score
Has anyone done the Victory Prima Pils clone frome Austin. If so how did it turn out?

One last question..... after starting this (it's my first lager) the fermentation started out real strong, but now after bringing it down to around 50 it has slowed considerably. I am assuming that this is typical because of the low temperatures but.... Is it?

csoult said:
Has anyone done the Victory Prima Pils clone frome Austin. If so how did it turn out?

One last question..... after starting this (it's my first lager) the fermentation started out real strong, but now after bringing it down to around 50 it has slowed considerably. I am assuming that this is typical because of the low temperatures but.... Is it?

Just polished this brew off last night. One of the better beers I've made. I pitched low and let temp rise to 50. Dropping the temp will definitely slow fermentation. Was my first lager also. Pretty easy with temp control on the fermentation. Plenty of O2 and yeast made for a delicious beer. Taste wasn't dead on but that was on me. still phenomenal. Good luck.

Back