Liquid Breadfruit Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C-Rider

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
The word is that Maui Brewing and Dogfish Head are working together to produce a beer w/some amount of breadfruit.

Anyone seen it yet? Was to have been released in Oct. I placed an order for a case from a local store that has tons of craft beers. Have not heard anything from the back?

The word is that Maui Brewing and Dogfish Head are working together to produce a beer w/some amount of breadfruit.

Anyone seen it yet? Was to have been released in Oct. I placed an order for a case from a local store that has tons of craft beers. Have not heard anything from the back?

I bought some today on Oahu. It got released late due to a late Bread Fruit harvest.

Better or worse than Sobrehumano Palena'ole? That was pretty awful.

Maui should try a hand as making standard good beer. It is my belief that there's never enough good beer. There's plenty of gimmicky beer.

I never had that one. What was it? I agree with you. I don't think the pineapple wheat they make is very good either. I have made one before that was much better.

Sobrehumano Palena'ole (2012 at least because I never had it before this year) was ambitious.

It had HI passionfruit and MI cherries in it as it was a joint effort with Jolly Pumpkin. I believe it also had sour beer bacteria what-have-you that Jolly enjoys with all its beers.

It is a complex beer to say the least.

I was pretty disappointed also. It cost $16 a six-pack at Tamura's fine wines and Liquor Aiea. Not getting this one again.

I stopped there in Oct when they announced it and signed up for a case. They never callled me to come pick it up. I'm a happy camper. :ban:

Back