Fantasy football anyone?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
andre the giant said:
I'd be interested in McGahee for someone like S. Moss or M. Furrey. Their points are similar to your McGahee.

Or, I could give you Furrey, S. Moss, or Cotcherty for Barber next week if that interests you.

Let me take a look at their numbers when I get home. Work blocks FF and Game stuff so I can't look at the things I'd rather be doing - lol

I'm actually comfortable sitting tight this week, since Jones is on bye anyway.

Dude, I'll think about it. Prolly won't do it, but I'll think about it. Jones has a couple good matchups post-bye, if I recall, and I hate having to count on a Pats receiver since Brady spreads it more than... well, put the "slut d'jour" in there and make your own funny... :D

the_bird said:
I'm actually comfortable sitting tight this week, since Jones is on bye anyway.

Dude, I'll think about it. Prolly won't do it, but I'll think about it. Jones has a couple good matchups post-bye, if I recall, and I hate having to count on a Pats receiver since Brady spreads it more than... well, put the "slut d'jour" in there and make your own funny... :D

Well, it is too late to get anything done for this Sunday anyway....but like I said, it was just a feeler....I'm not too thrilled with Jones either but I need RB help. I'm pretty deep on WRs now with Driver, Gabriel and Johnson.

Jones has had three kick-ass games this year, and I've luckily started him for two of them (and none of the medicore ones). Should have started him last week, but I still wouldn't have been close. I've dogged him all year, though about just dropping him, but he DESTROYS weaker defenses. Helps, too, that he's the closest thing Mad Mike has to Marshall Faulk.

I'm trying to figure out why my waiver claim on Gradkowski isn't going through? It says pending until 10/28 which was yesterday. I't also says it will be effective for week 8 if it goes through but he isn't showing on my team and the guy I dropped is gone. I wasn't going to start him, just wanted insurance since Haurd was hurt and Delhomme is a bye next week. Dude do you know what gives?

Town Drunks are going to have like eight hundred points today. Bears are up 31-0 with less than five minutes gone in the second quarter. Damn. I had Desmond Clark for a little while this week, but dropped him so I could get another wideout (Marquis Colston's my TE). Should have kept Clark and started Colston at WR.

SONOFABITCH!

Town Drunks picked up Desmond Clark this week, but never bothered to make him their starter. Starting at TE for him is Chris Cooley, who's on bye. Goddamn, that's frickin' stupid.

the_bird said:
SONOFABITCH!

Town Drunks picked up Desmond Clark this week, but never bothered to make him their starter. Starting at TE for him is Chris Cooley, who's on bye. Goddamn, that's frickin' stupid.

Are you kidding me? That bastard stole him from me right before he was gonna clear. That sucks

Damn, I should have started Chris Henry. Maybe I've got my WR problem solved after all.

Still early, but Colston's 100+ yds and a TD, as does Fred Taylor's Groin, while Chad Johnson's only got 78 yards (plus HIS TD). So, feeling good so far...

Walker? Dude? Remember, Dude, we voted against that trade for you... anyone got scores? I need to know how afraid of Steve Smith to be (I know, I know... be VERY AFRAID of Steve Smith).

Got ya covered, y'all-

3813-Footballscores10-29-06.bmp

Fantasy
D'Bricks 28
win14thegipper 68

NY Goombahs 49
The Dude Abides 55

Desert Swarm 53
more_Bruschi 69

Skull Splitters 21
Loose Cannons 46

Angry Pirates 41
Drunken Sailors 76

Really Rottens 39
NY Athletic Jews 55

Town Drunks 82
Scrotum Puppies II 39

I've been waiting all year for the Manning-to-Wayne show to take off. It's about time.:D

ablrbrau said:
I've been waiting all year for the Manning-to-Wayne show to take off. It's about time.:D

MAN, I'm glad Desert Swarm has Harrison instead of Wayne. Nice having Bailey covering your opponent's best WR. Think he could fly out to the Dallas / Carolina game tonight and cover Smith?

the_bird said:
Walker? Dude? Remember, Dude, we voted against that trade for you... anyone got scores? I need to know how afraid of Steve Smith to be (I know, I know... be VERY AFRAID of Steve Smith).

I doubt you'll hear from Dude til tomorrow- he was at the GB game today and is probably in seventh heaven right now........

Oh, that was today's game? Forgot all about that. Yeah, he's sitting somewhere, prolly on a barstool, pint glass in his hand, ****-eating grin on his face. Good for him, he picked a great game to go see, it appears.

the_bird said:
MAN, I'm glad Desert Swarm has Harrison instead of Wayne. Nice having Bailey covering your opponent's best WR. Think he could fly out to the Dallas / Carolina game tonight and cover Smith?

Ach, nuthin to worry about- The Tuna'll prolly send someone in there to break his legs............

the_bird said:
Oh, that was today's game? Forgot all about that. Yeah, he's sitting somewhere, prolly on a barstool, pint glass in his hand, ****-eating grin on his face. Good for him, he picked a great game to go see, it appears.

Prolly celebrated so much he's face down in a pool of vomit......:D

(J/K Dude, when you see this):D

the_bird said:
Thank you, kind sir. As long as Steve Smith is held to one TD, I'm safe. Which means, I'm not safe...

Yea, but you got Maroney for tomorrow as well. I think the losing streak is probably going to continue. My team is starting to look like the basketball olympic teams we toss together. A bunch of high profile names that can't get the job done.

I'm not couinting on Maroney doing much tommorrow. The Vikes scare me a bit, and the fact that Dillon is still looking pretty good means that Maroney's not likely to get more than fourteen or fifteen touches. Great for the team, kinda tough for the fantasy squad.

I missed it but I like it :). I'm racking my weizenbock right now and the wife won't turn the kitchen tv to the game. She's watching that show where they build houses for the down and out folk. swmbo wins again.

Holy **** 91 pts!!! If Shortwell knocks a few through tomorrow night I could break the century mark! Damn I wish I could bottle a few of those and break them out later........:)

ugh, another ugly day for my team. I benched Romo at the last minute to start Garard, bad idea.

Ditto - I'm doing so crappy lately I had to change the team name. They're not swarming, they're just annoying. I do seem to lose whenever the Packers win so I guess I'll take one for the team.

the_bird said:
Marvin Harrison, of all people, killed you. Wanna trade him ;)?

I didn't watch much of the game but figure Champ Bailey was glued to him most of the day. One bad game does not a trade make :p.

Bush on the other hand is really starting to annoy me.

You need to think positively. Who wants to imagine scrotum puppies? That's just nasty.

Change the team name to "Sweater Puppies," and I bet you win next week.

Scrotum Puppies team 1 has climbed back to a 4-4 record in another league, thanks to a heavy dose of Chicago players, (Grossman, Berrian, Clark, and the kicker) Puppies 1 is heavily favored in next week's matchup, and is consistantly scoring very well. In a 12 team league, the puppies will soon be in 3rd place.

I was hoping that the success would rub off on the Puppies II. But apparently not. :(

Well, early games are done and I'm pretty sure I'm way behind again. I'm going back to my old ways of not liking FFB. At least until next year...

Woohoo! At this point, it is highly unlikely that I'll lose. Unless Seattle's kicker and or D Jackson score -5 points.

Thanks to a rotten performance by Really rotten's Tom Brady, (-4 points) I have a record of 2-7. I RULE!

Latest posts

Back