wilt problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Forgive me, but I have to back up my mouth. I told a bunch of chile pepper heads how great the people on this site are, and now I have to back it up and see if I get better responses here than I did there. I apologize again.

I have Fusarium Wilt fungus on my pepper plant's roots, does anyone have any helpful info on how to save the plant? It is dropping it's lower leaves and will eventually die if untreated. Thanks!

Keep rotational crops weed-free (there are many weeds hosts of Verticillium).

Whenever practical, remove and destroy infested plant material after harvest.

Maintain a high level of plant vigor with appropriate fertilization and irrigation, but do not over-irrigate, especially early in the season.

disinfestation of the soil and planting material with fungicidal chemicals, crop rotation with non-hosts of the fungus, or by using resistant cultivars (Jones et al., 1982; Agrios, 1988; Smith et al., 1988).

However, The Fusarium wilt fungus can be introduced into fields on contaminated seed or in infected transplants. Once introduced, the fungus can survive for many years in the soil.

Looks like you really need disease resistant varieties. Everything I searched for did not list simple cures. Why is this posted in extract brewing?

Excellent answer! Thank you.

This was posted here as I explained rather poorly, because I posted a similar thread on a pepper site, and got absolutely no good info. I boasted that I could post this question on my home brew site and get better info because of the high caliber of the people on this site and their willingness to help others, as you have helped me prove! Thank You, and take care!

Back