Mailing beer for the first time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteMtnHausBier

Reaction score
I do a beer secret santa with another forum I post on and I got my package now I'm finally ready to send out mine (was waiting on some limited releases from work and some of my own home brews to carbonate). So what I've got is a standard cardboard box, everything has been tapped, bagged and bubble wrapped. Sealed up the box and it even has a sticker saying "yeast cultures inside, refrigerate immediately". The box is the box my secret beers came in.

Should I just get shipping/delivery confirmation for the package? It's being sent to Florida. Also curious if the post master is gonna be like "wtf is in here? yeast cultures??"

Be careful... it is unlawful to send alcohol through the U.S. Postal Service. Send it UPS or Fed Ex (which is legal).

I use Fedex and UPS all the time. Do the labels online and just drop off the package. I never say what is in there because I am not asked. Use electric tape to tape over the crowns. Pack well and you should not have any issues.

I wouldn't even mark it as yeast....or anything. Just mark it as fragile and move on.

There are certain states where UPS and FedEx will not deliver beer to, thanks to stupid rules. Massachussetts being one of them. I was in a beer of the month club, and the packages were always sent through some random 3rd party courier.

Back