Delaware HBTers!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, there really isnt much to do up here either. Tons of shopping if thats your thing but its not mine. Things might be a bit of a drive for you but they probably take us just as long because of the damn traffic.

Yeah, you're probably right, but I lived in suburban Philly for 5 years and there was just more opportunity for things to do. Down here everybody knows everybody, I have to drive ~40 min to do pretty much anything (add more in summer traffic), and since our families live in PA and NJ, visiting them (or them visiting us) involves an overnight stay... and I do much better with small doses.;)

"more recently our company picnic was held there"

Not the Mustang group? You work with Rolf Offshanka?

I am so happy that atleast a couple people agree with me about Iron Hill."

I just got an email that they're FINALLY getting the damn Russian Imperial Stoudt out on the 30th. It should have been out earlier. I got dragged there for my birthday after every other place was packed. I knew I wouldn't be happy, and I wasn't. This was 3 weeks ago or so and they had no Stout, No DoppleBock, No Oktoberfest, No Märzen... Middle of winter and they have 2 Weisse beers 3 IPA and a winter warmer along with their standard porter and Lager. BORING!! OVERPRICED!! OVERHYPED!!

"not much to do besides the beach"
sure there is, you can fish, and go tothe VFW. ohhh you can go to the Elks. uhhh.. you could... uhhh head to the Frog pond and get into a fight with a very manly woman named Stan who drives a dump truck for a living.

"it doesn't hold a candle to S. Jersey. Nice houses, biug yards, great schools, and forest as far as the eye can see"

And big hair and Dupont's and broken down cars and dying towns and Dupont...

I was a Duponter, too, but I still needed to point out the irony of a Delawarean complaining about too much DuPont in SJ ;)

Hey guys, another Delawarean here! We should definitely try to meet up. I live right down the road from Stewart's, so I'd definitely be up for that.

LOL, does it help my mother was born in Penns Grove and my aunt still lives there? No? LOL

How about that they've destroyed the Delaware river for generations on both sides of the ditch?

We're just lucky that Jersey worked so hard to stop the DuPont and military deal to dispose of VX gas hydrolysate at Deepwater.

PS: There wasn't a peep of dissent from Delaware. This state government sometimes astounds me. :rolleyes:

Damn. Here I am 6,700 miles away from home and the Delaware HBTers are going to meet up. But I'm still checking HBT... I'll be back in July from Afghanistan.

For all you guys up north, DFH is building a 5bbl brew pub in Wilmington, DE. If it's not public knowledge, I guess I got the inside scoop.;)

Possibilities:

Old Brandywine Brewery, Ships Tavern District but that would be pretty close to Iron Hill. (as if that was bad)

Hopefully though, there's a bit of expansion in the shopping center on 273 by Boscov's. Oh how cool would that be....

I'm not really comfortable giving out that information yet over the internet. There are parties involved that I don't want to piss off. delarob and dataz, I'll PM you. Anyone else interested, PM me.

Possibilities:

Old Brandywine Brewery, Ships Tavern District but that would be pretty close to Iron Hill. (as if that was bad)

Hopefully though, there's a bit of expansion in the shopping center on 273 by Boscov's. Oh how cool would that be....

If it goes near boscovs that would be very very bad for me. That is between where I work and live. I would not be able to aford it being there.

"If it goes near boscovs that would be very very bad for me. That is between where I work and live. I would not be able to aford it being there."

That's even more understandable... LOL! :D

Well, it's posted 1 am. However it usually happens about midnight.

I mentioned to tha Madman that Sat would be better for me because I have a Board meeting tomorrow at 7:30. Now if you're talking 10 pm or so that's ok. But Sat won't be as busy at all.

Back