Brewing Toolbox

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RiverCityBrewer

Reaction score
After seeing some threads on here about organizing ones brewing tools/gadgets, and SWMBOs pleas for me to clean up my brewing area, I was inspired to put together my own toolbox and thought I would share.

I started off with a Black & Decker plastic toolbox that looked good and had some removable compartments on the top. I found it at Walmart for less than $20 - (This is what I bought minus the tools). So now I had a good size toolbox and now it was just a matter of organizing all of my tools and placing them in the toolbox that makes them convenient to get to and use. I've attached some pictures of the assembled box and here is a list of the things I have:

Removable Top Compartments:
Various extra O-rings for every piece of equipment I have
Stubby screwdriver
Allen Wrenches
Whirlfloc Tablets
PH Strips
Campden Tablets
Carbonator Cap
Spare Ball Lock Liquid Connector

Removable Inner Tray:
Pin Lock/Ball Lock Gas and Liquid Connectors
Barbs and Swivel Nuts for connectors
Teflon Tape
Faucet Wrench
Spare Beer Nut/Washers/Barbs
SS Hose Clamps
1/2" SS/Poly couplers
1/2" SS Nipples
1/2" SS Elbows
1/2" SS Ball Valve
1/2" SS Plugs
1/2" SS Tees
Spare Carboy caps for 6.5 and 5 Gallon
Airlock
20ml Syringe
Measuring Spoons
Mesh Tea Ball
Water/Finishing Finings
Siphon Clamp
Small Digital Blade Scale
Keg Lube

Bottom Compartment:
Oxygenation Kit
Nylon and Muslin Bags
Refractometer
Large Digital Scale
Spare Tubing
Hydrometer
Spare Large O-rings
Water Finings
5.2 Buffer
DME
Priming Sugar
Adjustable Crescent Wrench
Drilled Stoppers

My question to you HBT, is am I missing anything glaring that should be in here? I'm sure I have it, its mostly just a matter of finding where I tucked it away at. Hopefully this will help others if they are compiling a list of things to keep on hand or in a toolbox.

Joe

_DSC1185.JPG

_DSC1186.JPG

_DSC1188.JPG

_DSC1189.JPG

_DSC1191.JPG

SWMBO requested that i personally thank you as i read this on the way out to the store. I have it all in an area, but its still a messy mofo, this will clean it up

Duct tape and Ph 5.2, and you should always have 1 pound of each of the following Ultra light DME, and priming sugar.

Those two at least are the things that I always end up needing and not having.

Some US05 yeast would be great as well, as you can use it as a backup to almost everything.

Cheers

Lucas

That is pretty cool, I need to do that. Actually, I need a small toolbox to carry my parts and spares for the portable kegerator, too.

I have seen a neat version posted here. Guy had a March Pump mounted in the bottom of the toolbox, and his brewing doo-dads on top.

Yeah, this is sweet. I'm going to have to do this; I think it'll make things easier when it comes time to rack, etc. so I don't have to hunt for parts. I might even have a nice SS box on my rig for brew-day specific items.

Picking up a box tomorrow night... I am traveling to brew this weekend and this looks like it sure beats an onorganized backpack!

That is pretty cool, I need to do that. Actually, I need a small toolbox to carry my parts and spares for the portable kegerator, too.

I have seen a neat version posted here. Guy had a March Pump mounted in the bottom of the toolbox, and his brewing doo-dads on top.

That was actually one of the posts that got me to do this... I initially thought I would mount a pump in there, but decided that I needed the extra room for parts and I wasn't sure if I would be able to fit both pumps in there.

Back