Hello from Cleveland

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CiscoKid

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Found the website last night, currently have my first batch of wort on the stove at a nice rolling boil for about another 20 minutes. Nothing fancy, just the sample kit that came with the brewing starter kit my sister and brother-in-law picked up for me for x-mas. 3lbs of Mutton's Extra Light dry extract and 3lbs, 5oz. of Cooper's Lager Malt. Primary is sitting full of sanitizer and waiting for all the beery goodness. Next time I'll be more creative, but this has been a good way to start to figure out the kinks in my system regardless of how it works out.

Anyways, hello from Cleveland. I've been browsing the forums and there's a ton of information here, glad I found it!

Welcome to HBT from a fellow Clevelander. There is a ton of useful information here and ever more helpful people. You came to the right spot. Good luck with your brewing.

Craig

Thanks guys. Craig - is there somewhere local that you would recommend? I dropped in at JW Dover today (had to run out that way anyways).

Kahunaman - Don't forget the Nosferatu. Which reminds me, I still have a couple of bottles from the 2007 bottling that I tucked away in the back of the fridge to age. I just sealed up the primary, might be the perfect time to pull one of those out.

Small world, I also work in Twinsburg. I reside in North Royalton - so basically I'm 30 minutes from everywhere. :D

Then your local place is Leeners on olde 8.

The grape and granary in Akron has a great selection and good prices. I havn't made the trip to the store but I often order from them.

Craig

Good stuff guys, thanks!

Fermenter was bubbling away this moring. OG was 1.051 at ~75F... Hydrometer is calibrated for 70, so I'm assuming that would mean an OG more inline of 1.050. That's right were BeerSmith said it would be.

Let the waiting begin!

Guess I'll have to add to my list of occupations: Computer Network Geek, EMT and now Homebrewer. :mug:

hello everyone. although i quit drinking several years ago i still home brew for all my freinds. i use copper tanks and use pop kegs for the bar at home. need some ideas for a summer lager to brew in mid april to serve in june for my birthday. i would like to use whole grain and no kits. any ideas??

thanks

I moved away in 1996 to SUNNY...WARM...ARIZONA!! Couldn't take it anymore. Folks still live there...gonna try to make it this summer...much nicer in Cleveland then the 120* in AZ...Welcome!

My folks would like that! Football is not the same in a dome! Needs snow!

+1

I'm one that would much rather have 20F weather than 120F. So over all I like the weather here. Wouldn't mind a few less inches of snow but I can deal.

Craig

Back