Homebrew shops in Phoenix

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftyMcGee

Reaction score
I pulled up to the Homebrew Depot this morning and they had their closed sign up. It was 11am, so I walked up to the door and peaked in. This guy, inside the shop, walked up to the door, unlocked it, and asked if he could help me. I asked if they were opening and he pointed at his hours and said we have business hours bro. The sign said they opened at 11am so I looked at him kind of confused. He then looked at his watch and, with a grin on his face, said we will be open in three minutes. :confused: I laughed and asked if he was serious. He said yes, pointed at his hours and repeated we have business hours bro. So I got back in my car and left.

I'm a pretty happy go lucky guy, but this really pissed me off. Anyway, I figure they don't want my money, so I am wondering what other homebrew shops people like in the Phoenix area.

Fortunately, all of my experiences have been good, thus far. I'm sorry to hear about your encounter; it doesn't seem that the guy was very accommodating. It is unfortunate because he lost a potential future customer.
Give the other stores a try, hope it works out for you.

I'm on the west side and really enjoy What Ales Ya but the Brewers Connection will be closer to you. Don't blame the whole store on one dipstick!

It would not have bothered me at all if he said he was busy in the back and he would be opening up in a few minutes. But this guy was trying to run some sort of power trip. It sucks because I'm in that area twice a week. Oh well...

I've heard What Ales Ya is really nice. But your right, it's a far drive for me. I checked out the Brewer's Connection website and I think I will head over there this weekend. Thanks.

I used to homebrew in 1990 when I lived in Chandler. We used to drive to a man's house in North Phoenix that operated a homebrew supply store out of his front living room. I completely forgot his name, but wondered if he still operates a homebrew store?

Back