What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HB galaxy ipa

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402668654.235289.jpg

Going to hit my French roast cold brewed concentrate and make a cafe' au lait and catch up on the news before doing anything productive.

It's raining like a mother****er outside. Wow.

Good thing I have an unlimited amount of beer and I'm under a roof.

Moving on. :D

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402670720.290860.jpg

Just saw Medina on TV. God damnit, she's a smoke show.

"normal" people are amazed by what has become mundane to us salty dogs. hand one a Guinness Draught and they will claim that it's the thickest & heaviest beer ever made while most of us will say it's good for a light beer.

Its just that. Nonsense. And a shameless plug for the next season of brew dogs. Maybe those will be the brewerys/beers that are featured in this season

I agree with everything said about the beer, but to be fair, the list is about the names of the beer, not the beer itself. Some pretty creative names on the list if you ask me.

More water.

After kickball water. Funny you say that.... My most recent IPA that is being dryhopped uses the same combo. 8 ounces of double dry hops. The 4 oz Dry hop IPA I before didnt have much aroma. Maybe the hops at my LHBS suck?

I apologize for not seeing this earlier.

I've used 15 oz. (combined) and got a beer that smelled almost exactly like Gandhi Bot. My latest beer using that combination only has 7 oz. of hops in the boil and 2 oz. for dry hop. It already smells great (smelled it this morning again after testing it last night) and I just added the dry-hop.

Awesome that's what I'm planning for my next IPA. Got a bigger mash tun and a yeast starter kit now so I'm thinking of doing a DIPA.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

All you need is a 10-gal. Doesn't take much to do a DIPA. ~14-15 lbs. of grain and some dextrose will get you upwards of 8% ABV.

I agree with everything said about the beer, but to be fair, the list is about the names of the beer, not the beer itself. Some pretty creative names on the list if you ask me.

More water.

So, you're saying you don't like my beer names on Untappd? :D

At least someone is. This day can't end soon enough so I can get home and get my drink on. I think I might just do absolutely nothing tomorrow except drink beer and throw something on the smoker.

I'll have a few for you. Hope that makes you feel better 'til you get home. :D

I am smoking baby backs this Sunday. Ribs will be had and it's too bad I won't be in driving shape to go get them today. SWMBO just added an additional task to her Friday. :D

Water. I got an email from a bottle shop owner about his bourbon barrel this morning. He has had bourbon in it for the past year, and now that its empty he didnt know what to do with it. He's giving it to me to use!!! :mug: Im not sure what size it is yet but I dont imagine its any bigger than 5 gallons, if its even that big. I also only work two hours today. :D

More water.

some of them have become quite creative. I'm not arguing that at all. but it seems like (maybe just in my isolated world) that the name game has become mundane in an effort to stand out. judge not a beer by its' name alone.

Water. I got an email from a bottle shop owner about his bourbon barrel this morning. He has had bourbon in it for the past year, and now that its empty he didnt know what to do with it. He's giving it to me to use!!! :mug: Im not sure what size it is yet but I dont imagine its any bigger than 5 gallons, if its even that big. I also only work two hour today. :D

Sweet score..... Got any plans for it?

I apologize for not seeing this earlier.

I've used 15 oz. (combined) and got a beer that smelled almost exactly like Gandhi Bot. My latest beer using that combination only has 7 oz. of hops in the boil and 2 oz. for dry hop. It already smells great (smelled it this morning again after testing it last night) and I just added the dry-hop.

Very nice. Mine has 7.5 in the boil with some chocolate rye for some depth. It's modeled after Rogue's Captain Sig's northwestern ale. Only the 2nd time I've brewed it so I figure, with enough hops anything is possible.

Having some mate while I look through a local shops anniversary sale for some weekend brews. A 375 of vigneronne for $35 on top of an $80 min purchase? What a steal... :cross:

I don't know the ABV on this. What I do know is I'm gonna be ****ed up soon.

My first Apfelwein. Hooked.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402677603.703420.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402677617.748293.jpg

Coffee with coconut oil and whey protein powder for now. 15 more days, then the post meet beer will be my Tej clone, followed by 6 month Warhammer Mark 1 Belgian Dark Strong.

Onto a bomber of my Galaxy IPA.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1402680755.114703.jpg

Tearz by Covid. Blasting.

famous last words-

i once drank a six pack and fell asleep on my balcony

Haha nice.
Apfelwein is the destroyer of men. And women.

First time having it I drank a 6er on an empty stomach and passed out on the couch and woke up face first on the floor.
Stuff gives a wicked hangover if you don't drink enough water.

This type of pain you couldn't even kill with Midol. **** around get sprayed with Lysol.

I have the buzz of buzzes. Hope everyone here does, too. Or does later today. Amazing.

Water after my first day of couch to 5k. I don't know what I'm thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back