Tighten Taps..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aekdbbop

Reaction score
My taps are looseish. it seems it would be very easy for it to open with a breaze, then when i get home, all my beer could be on the floor!

Is there anyway to tighten the faucet?

Do you mean the tap handle is very easy to pull? If so there is a twist ring just below the ring that locks the handle on for most faucets, that adjusts how hard you need to pull on the handle. I keep mine fairly tight in case my cat gets near the faucets.

Do you mean to the shank? Then maybe use a wrench with caution. I just hand tighhten mine and use the wrench to loosen.

If you mean the handle action then it may depend on your faucet (gasket replacements) but you could always rig or buy locks. And what he said before me.

bradsul said:
Do you mean the tap handle is very easy to pull? If so there is a twist ring just below the ring that locks the handle on for most faucets, that adjusts how hard you need to pull on the handle. I keep mine fairly tight in case my cat gets near the faucets.

heck.. learn something new everyday.. thanks!

Back