Taking the rest of the day off

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ó Flannagáin

Reaction score
Gonna go ahead and start the weekend now. Why? Because I can. I just poured myself one of my new Ó Flannagáin Standard Soured Stouts off the keg and it had a beautiful, bouncy head. It tastes amazing and I'm turning on some call of duty 4. You guys stuck at work... :mug: Have fun.

I only worked 1.5 days this week. Monday was a regular day off. Tuesday I worked all day. Wednesday morning, I worked. In the afternoon I took my daughter to the doctor and found out she has strep throat, so I took her home. Thursday morning I figured out I have strep throat too, so I took the rest of the week off.

Ó Flannagáin said:
Love the avatar, between you and me we now represent the 2 greatest Christmas movies of all time.

Totally man. I was planning on a picture of Clark but you beat me. Christmas Vacation is one of the best movies ever, thru all genres!

Wonder if I can convince my boss I am dead......even though I am at work......hrmmmm *starts foaming at the mouth and shaking*

Ó Flannagáin said:
"Oh he's alright... just hackin on a bone."

"he got it up"

"Maybe if ya didn't feed him from the table Eddie."

"No, No, he was probably just nosin' thru the trash"

Ó Flannagáin said:
Love the avatar, between you and me we now represent the 2 greatest Christmas movies of all time.

Hey, its funny you say that. I always felt like I would be the only person in this world to think that Christmas Vacation and Scrooge were the two best Christmas movies. I think I now know what I am watching tonight.

jzal8 said:
Hey, its funny you say that. I always felt like I would be the only person in this world to think that Christmas Vacation and Scrooge were the two best Christmas movies. I think I now know what I am watching tonight.

Nooo waaay. All of my friends love Vacation either via me or their families. Its not Christmas if I don't watch that movie. Chevy Chase in the 80s = brilliant !

"While you're at it, Clark.. we'd like to get a little something for you too. Something *winks, makes clicking sound and points finger*.... reeeeeeeeeal nice."

"Eddie... If I woke up tomorrow with my head sown to the carpet, I wouldn't be more surprised than I am right now."

"I don't know if I oughta go sailin' down no hill with nothin' between the ground and my brains but a piece of government plastic.

Do you really think it matters, Eddie?

You see this spot right here? *knocks on head* Well if this gets dented, then my hair just ain't gonna look right."

"Every time Catherine would turn on the microwave, I'd piss my pants and forget who I was for about half an hour. "

My friends and I use quotes from this movie constantly. It's impossible for any of us to get together and not hear one of the following lines:

Sh!tter's full!
You serious, Clark?
The little lights are not twinkling, Clark.
C'mon boy, let's go find your sister.
Nah, he's just yackin' on a bone.
Can't see the lines, can ya Russ?
*winks, makes clicking sound and points finger*.... reeeeeeeeeal nice.
You mind me askin how much that setcha back?
if you're not doing anything constructive go get my <insert item name>
I'm gonna catch it in the coat, and smack it with a hammer.
SQUIRREL!

Christmas vacation is one of the greatest movies ever. SWMBO still rolls her eyes at me everytime that I recite Clark's rant at the end about Frank Shirley. We all get together for Christmas every year and watch it. All the wives leave and go in another room and talk because we all pretty much can recite the entire movie word for word. :rockin:

i not only have to work my ass off for end of month today, but we're scheduled to come in tomorrow for inventory.

you have fun with your time off, jerk :p

maybe i'll postpone inventory until next week

All I have to do tomorrow is clean the house, start the BBQ and pilot the old mash tun.

Latest posts

Back