What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had one of my blonde ales after work then a nice tall Guinness just now. I'm on standby so that's pretty much it for now but I have a nice selection of different brews to sample this weekend.

Got my first Unibroue today! The dumb buggers at the liquor store didn't even have it in the beer section. They put it on the other side of the store so that when you enter, it's behind the door. So naturally it's on sale because nobody's buying. $6.99 for 750ml of 10% ABV. Just like a bottle of wine.

yet another champagne bottle of apfelwien.....and it's almost 4 here....

A 500ml bottle of Zubr Strong Beer from Poland. A strong, 5.8%, lager with loads of hops flavor and aroma. This is beer month at the LCBO (Liquor Control Board of Ontario) and they seem to have good selection of imports for a change. Unfortunately not anything from the US Pacific coast. A bottle of Rogue Dead Guy would be nice sometime.

Paul

SWMBO just finished my last Anchor Steam (I've had a LOT of it on hand, I've fallen in love with the bottles and the beer is actually pretty good, so it's worth buying).

I just cracked my first "Phoenix Bitter" which I brewed on 2-24-08. Undercarbed for my taste, but probably right for an English ale with an American twist.

I've moved to testing singles that I've picked up to explore the BJCP style guide.

Erdinger Weissbier Dunkel style 15B

Thinner mouthfeel than I thought it would be, nice esters and a bit of clove. Very flavorful without too much body. Good gateway beer for people wanting to explore more than BMC and Blue Moon.

Very tasty

My summer citrus wheat! Enjoying a nice warm summer day in CA, and a refreshing homebrew with the wife. Sometimes, you just have to take in the wonderful simplicity of happiness in a bottle!

MOD EDIT: Threads merged.

Just wondering what HBT folks are drinking currently? I know I have put back a few Fat Tires this month :mug:.

At this very moment? Gone off becks... For shame!!! :(

However, I bought a fridge the other day, and into it is going my Coopers pilsner, and my Honey Pale Ale (Summersolstice's braggot)...

Then it's :mug: and :tank:...

Flanders Red that we brewed when I was at Stix Pizza and Brewing Co. This beer was brewed last September and it is tasting very good. Too bad there's only about a gallon left.

It is alot like regular Rodenbach. It doesn't have the acidity of the Grand Cru. Plenty of malt sweetness upfront balanced perfectly with the Lacto sourness.

I'm on my fourth glass...but hey, the glass is tiny. ;)

I wish I could get a picture of the color but the camera isn't cooperating. Either that or I'm druck :drunk: It's a beautiful deep red color though, take my word for it.

W/out flash
Stix Flanders 002.jpg

With flash
Stix Flanders 005.jpg

WOW BT...The W/O Flash gives a good idea of the actual Color...Looks Good.

I'm drinking my Watermelon Weissbier. It has real watermelon in it, but basically it's a Paulaner Hefe Clone, because I got it WAY Too warm in the ferment.

Back