So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be brewing my first AG batch this weekend. I want to make an Amber Ale reminiscent of Ballast Point Calico Amber. We'll see if I stick to the plan when I go to the brew store today to get the ingredients.

brewing as we speak got a nice rolling boil.. waiting to add aroma hops and cool and send to fermentation

Brewing a double (10 gallon) batch of West Coast Pale ale, mmmm Cascade Hops, using my first attempt at slant cultured yeast.. hope I don't screw it up!

Doing an AG pale ale with small amount special b and all Chinook hops (one of my favs). Should be interesting. May use Thames valley or Burton ale, depends on the viability of the harvested Thames.

Similar situation here. Have all the ingredients and everything for my first PM and a batch of graff....but...my AC **** the bed. No use brewing if you can't get the temp below 80. :( BOO!

Brewing my first Vienna Lager, although its very light in color since I'm using all vienna malt with only 12oz of Carmunich for color. We'll see how it goes, seems like a good summer beer for late august heat.

Bottling my German Alt Sat night, racking and dry hopping my two-hearted ale clone, and brewing a Lefse Blonde Sunday :)

Going to make an Amarillo SMaSH this weekend.

Amarillo SMaSH

Batch size: 5.0 gal
Boil volume: 6.5 gal
OG: 1.059
FG: 1.015
Bitterness (IBU): 46.0
Color (SRM): 7.0
ABV: 5.8%

[Grains]
Maris Otter Malt 12.000lb Grain 100.0%

[Hops]
Amarillo 1.50oz 8.0% AA Pellet @ 60 min, 43.1 IBU
Amarillo 0.50oz 8.0% AA Pellet @ 5 min, 2.9 IBU

[Yeast/Other]
Ale yeast 1.0 unit(s), Yeast S-04

[Recipe Notes]
Mash at 150 for 60 min.

[Batch Notes]
Sparge at 170. Batch sparge.

I'll be brewing 5 gallons of Honey Cream Ale tomorrow. If I have time, I'll brew 5 gallons of Brown Ale on Saturday.

Just finished bottling 9g BM's centennial blonde. 4.5 with 05, 4.5 with 04. Definitely preferred the 04. 04 left it a little maltier, even thoufh the fg was the same.

Also brewing saturday, 10g scottish 80 and hopefully 5g barleywine or 10 soomething else, maybe a brown or porter.

Brewed a petite saison yesterday. It was like 105 outside witch made for a very uncomfortable brew day.

Fat Tire clone from AHS For me this weekend. Its been since April 16th that I last brewed! Can't wait to get to it, making a starter tomorrow.

Ok, looked at how lacking my pipeline is, so i'm gonna add a second batch. It's gonna be a Maris Otter Calypso smash.

Should be back to 3 empty fermenters this weekend. It's way too hot to brew though. On the bright side, my 30 gallons in kegs should hold me for a few weeks. My personal best on pipeline to date :ban:

I am! I am brewing up a braggot so it will be ready by mid winter or there about...

I would love to brew today. I have ingredients for at least 25 gallons and I have 5 empty fermenters. My pipeline is almost dry but it has been too freakin hot to brew lately....ugh! I might just have to suck it up this after noon when SWMBO gets home from work.

Yeah it's too hot here too but I need something to take my mind off of it. It will suck cooling it and keeping it cool tho.

Back