What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More BB biscotti break and mom's spice cake. Happy Halloween!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414798457.306336.jpg

19C8CA04-98DC-49AC-AFDA-273ECC4006C1_zpsee5mqxmp.jpg

1348 was the year the black plague first hit england. This was a traditional ale, based on reportes from the 1300's of grains/gallon of beer (5 gallons/half bushel, which is about 22 pounds or so). 70% oat malt, 15% barley malt, 15% wheat malt. No boil, no hops.

slightly sour, fruity, ended up about 10% abv.

:mug:

That's not a bad haul! I have only had jinx once but it was after a few dipa's and it didn't do it for me. What do you think of it? Still on majsgoop and loving it.

It's an awesome haul. He just happened to stop on a zombie day. The jinx is a good 'gateway' craft beer. Like Budweiser only with flavor. It'd be good on hot day, not a 45 degree night trick or treating...

It's an awesome haul. He just happened to stop on a zombie day. The jinx is a good 'gateway' craft beer. Like Budweiser only with flavor. It'd be good on hot day, not a 45 degree night trick or treating...

I only wish I got 45 degrees for trick or treating. We are hovering above freezing and snow is falling.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I only wish I got 45 degrees for trick or treating. We are hovering above freezing and snow is falling.
It's actually around 55 here now, but will be in the 40s when the kids finish up. Colorado weather is brutal :)

My tradition continues. I stay home and hand out candy to kids, beer to adults, SWMBO takes the kids out.
HB peppercorn saison
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414801217.772457.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414801265.978108.jpg
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414801287.502505.jpg

It was 47F during trick-or-treating and I stood outside for 2 hours. Didn't feel one bit of that cold with the scotch. I am finally home drinking a water. God damn, what a crazy buzz.

**** my life.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-5BoAAqJ-Q[/ame]

Enjoying an Edwort's Haus Pale and a couple bags of chips leftover from the Halloween stuff my wife had for Trick or Treaters.

Needed another spark.

Cran-raspberry juice and coconut rum.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1414804863.662376.jpg

Shock top honey bourbon cask wheat.... the swmbo picked me up something for Halloween.
Tasty. ... hint of flowers not really something that I would try to brew myself.
I like how they got lazy with the label. ... and at the end they put "with natural flavors"

20141031_202334.jpg

Back