Hey from Hawaii

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nardokid

Reaction score
Hey my name is Chris and I love beer. I started drinking beer to get drunk in college. Budweiser was the beer of choice back then. Although I do kind of like their new American Ale (meh) I don't think I will be drinking any of their lagers ever again. I just started brewing a few months ago. I started out with an IPA. It came out pretty crappy. I used [too much] bleach to clean my stuff, and boy did it **** it up. But I tried again with a nut brown and it came out pretty descent. Now I am working on my first Irish Stout. I will be bottling it just in time for thanksgiving.

I am also working on an iPhone application that will allow you to create/import/export recipes as well as take you through a step by step guide of the brewing process from mashing to bottling with timers and such. I will probably put it up for free in the Apple App store when its done. Who knows. If you want to know more info about it let me know. I will probably post my progress somewhere.

Anyway, cheers!:mug:

Welcome to HBT. Hawaii, huh? How is Hawaii? I'll most likely be moving there in about a year for the military. Anything I should know before I get there?

Hey, Thanks for the welcome. Hawaii is a pretty sweet place. Pretty much the perfect temperature to ferment ales at here. Its always around 70-75 degrees. If you like surfing or anything about the ocean its definitely the place to be. There is also a bunch of other stuff to do here.

Sky diving is only about $150. Everything is at most a 45 minute drive away. There is a really cool bar here downtown called Bar 35. They have about 300 beers on their menu. They also do beer and wine tastings every wednesday for $20 a person.

If you want to know anything else just give me a holler.

welcome, although i am very new too. Definitely interested in that iphone app, let me know.

Back