aging help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captainfester

Master of the Seas
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
i brewed midwest supplies apple ale it will be in primary for 2 weeks before i rack to secondary for a week (i have heard the arguement for and against this and have decided i want to do it for now)

so im going to bottle it after 1 week in secondary.

real question is that in the reviews on midwest people have said after aging this for 5 months it tastes much better.

then how do i go about aging the beer. obviously it will have to be carbed so at my ferm / room temp for about two weeks.

but then do i put it in the fridge and let it sit for 5 months or room temp or somewhere in between? thanks in advnace for the tips / help

Do you have a basement? A basement is about the perfect temperature year round to age beer. My basement would go to about 50F in the winter and 60F in the summer. Just stick it in a dark place, date it and let it go.

I would make sure to crack one open every so often and take notes to track the flavor changes.

Latest posts

Back