Hopsession clone...sort of...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drives_a_bike

Reaction score
I recently went to mpls and grabbed a sixer of Brau Brothers Hopsession, and it was delicious!! I've been trying to figure out a great summer EPA recipe and haven't really been happy with anything I came up with lately, but the hops that make the Hopsession just tasted out of this world!

I haven't been able to find a recipe online for it, so I'm just going to buy a NB EPA kit, and use the hops I bought to make the Hopsession instead of the 3oz of cascades it comes with (Those Cascades will come in handy down the road anyway).

I bought:
4oz HBC 342
3oz Citra
3oz Zythos

These are the hops used for Hopsession, from what I've read...I guess the only thing to figure out now is which hops they used for the bittering and I can go it out from there. I doubt they bitter with the Citra, but both the Zythos and HBC 342 have pretty similar AA%. I don't think it'll be bad using one or the other, but any thoughts would be appreciated!

Back