Randall the Enamel Animal!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had their 90 Min through the Randell in DE a few months ago. They usually only pour the 60 (or at least that's what they told me) but they were out of it so they hooked the 90 up. Outstanding. Quite possibly the best beer I've ever had in a bar.

what you want to do is run high grav through it. the higher the gravity the more hoppy goodness extraction you'll get

I'm a frequenter of the Great Lost Bear here in Portland, ME and they're on the list of sites that have one. I've never seen anything 'on randall'. I'll have to ask next time I'm in. And for anyone heading to Portland, ME this should be a stop on your trip. 3 Dollar Deweys also has a good selection but I'm partial to the GLB.

New Holland Brewing runs thier Mad Hatter IPA through this at the pub and all the festivals. I had it at the michigan summer beer fest last year. It was by far the freshest most resinous hop flavor I have ever experienced.

How long would you keep the hops in a randall? Is it something you'd use for a party for example? I couldn't imagine pouring 3 beers off of one and coming back the next day.... that first beer might kill someone! :D

We got to try the 60 minute thru randall last year. I saw the thing sitting there and asked about it, they said they use it on a certain night of the week. They poured us a glass and it was amazing. We are planning a trip back this September. I'd like to make one of those but maybe a bit smaller.

Back