Greetings from Calgary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kfdj

Reaction score
Hi Everybody,

I recently moved to Calgary from the East Coast. I was wondering if you know of a good HBS in town? I have gone to Vineyard @ Center and 59th but was not impressed.

Can you use municipal water? I live in the SE, and think I am off the Glenmore Res.

Kevin

Welcome to HBT from another fellow Canuck! :mug: I'm afraid I can't answer your questions but there are a bunch of people here from that area that can help you for sure.

Hey man -- welcome to Calgary! Sorry that we don't have a good LHBS -- the Vineyard south is the best one in town (sadly). We used to have a great online LHBS (PaddockWood.com), but they are moving out of the homebrew retail business and focusing more on their microbrewing business, apparently.

Right now, Dan's Homebrewing in Vancouver (http://www.beermaking.ca/) and Askim's Beer and Wine Emporium (http://www.askims.com/) are your best bets online. Dan has the best selection, but he doesn't do online orders (you have to phone it or email it to him, and I don't think he takes credit cards yet -- PITA). There are a number of good online LHBS in central and eastern Canada, but I have found that shipping charges get quite unreasonable. You are much better to just order from a big mail order place in the US (shipping will actually be much cheaper).

What we need to do is get a homebrewing club going again in Calgary. I think there is one in the works, but haven't had a chance to get all the details. If we could generate a little local interest, we could probably get more going in the city, or at least, get some bulk orders going to share among the group. If that interests you, let me know and I will do some digging.

Cheers! :mug:

Latest posts

Back