Fermentation Monitoring

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuffToad

Reaction score
To all Home Brew Forum Members,

I have been following this company and it's products for some time now and I have been very interested in the concept of fermentation monitoring. TheBeerBug is getting close to a Kickstarter launch and I thought I would share the information with my fellow Home Brew Forum Members.

TheBeerBug is a remote fermentation monitoring device from ParasitX, LLC http://TheBeerBug.com

Copy from the E-Mail I received today from "TheBeerBug" team

[ BeerBug Insiders,

We'd like to inform you that our KickStarter Launch is fast approaching -- This coming Monday, October the 22nd at 4pm EST.

Organizing this effort has been a many month labor of love. And we think we've got it just right.

We'd like to thank everyone for their input, comments, questions and support up to this point.
The BeerBug community is a strong and growing one! Please continue to follow along, show your support, and share!

The BeerBug Team ]

Please let me know what you think,

Thank you for your time in advance,

/s TuffToad

P.S. I am not affiliated with this company or product at this time, I will possible use and sell them in the B.O.P. / HBS that we are trying to bringing up in Kentucky.

To HomeBrewTalk members,

Information update to the info I posted previously about "TheBeerbug" (Fermentation Monitoring device) being released on KickStarter early this week, has gone live. I did receive an update from the company that I have copied the e-mail in this post for your reference.

Looks like the concern with compatibility with Apple products has been addressed with a near future release.

[ e-mail sent to me for request for information:

BeerBug Insiders,

Our KickStarter has now launched! We are very excited to further connect with the brewing community, learn how best to provide value for our fellow brewers, and fulfill orders very soon after.

KickStarter has been a HUGE short term goal of ours because it allows us to dive into the world wide community of beer brewers, receive market validation and input, right-size our build orders, and in turn provide optimum value for a newly created market place.

You reached out, gave your input, and helped make the BeerBug a reality. Thanks for following along and showing your support!

Many of you voiced opinions/thoughts/concerns for the need of Mac support. Our earliest units will transmit via Bluetooth, and support PC/Android only (Dec delivery). However, I'm glad to inform you that with our WiFi package you will be able to interface with Mac, iPhone, iPad, etc (April '13 delivery).

Also, many of you asked for our API so that you could further interface with and integrate the BeerBug into your customized hacker setups. We are proud to say that the Hacker/Developer special is just for you. At either the Bluetooth or WiFi level you are able to receive our API, our support, and work with us to create something amazing.

A beautiful part of the above plus our Hacker/Developer Package is that we will work with our community's hackers and developers to further software and app functionality! We are excited to see how we can work with the community hands-on -- Let's see what we can create together!

I hope that you will join us today for the launch. Furthermore, if you could pass this message along, updating your friends and possible club members, We'd be forever grateful!

Here is the link - please join us!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/parasitx/the-beerbugtm-digital-hydrometer

Please feel free to contact me with any questions or comments!
Taylor McClenny & the BeerBug Team

email - [email protected]
Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/105762985083251632384/
twitter - https://twitter.com/theBeerBug
facebook - https://www.facebook.com/ParasitX

]

Good Luck and Happy brewing!

/s TuffToad
Louisville, Ky

P.S. Again, I would like to state I have no financial affiliation or personal gain associated with this company. I am just relaying information on tools that we as brewers might find interesting and/or helpful.

As soon as I receive our package(s), I will keep this community informed about how this device "Beerbug" works and will document a full fermentation cycle.

/s TuffToad
Louisville, Ky

Awesome, by the way, looks like you got it in your feedback already, but this needs to be compatible with apple devices to be successful... At least for me to buy it.

This device is so awesome! I can't wait to wirelessly monitor my specific gravity every day without opening my carboy.

I backed the project, and I'm getting the bluetooth early beerbug. It could be that apple does not support the protocol over bluetooth. I'm just guessing though. For example, the Pebble watch was not going to support text messages on the iPhone because IOS did not allow it. Now Apple is changing IOS to support the pebble watch.

They are doing a wifi device too! That I suspect will be compatible with any browser and therefore any wifi device.

Hmm...... Looks very interesting.
I am going to have to read this again, think about how this would change things for me and my brewing and decide if it's something I want.
Even if I decide it's not something that I would have use for, it's very cool.

I was hoping by now they would have shipped to all backers but they're nearly a year late. KS and their FB pages don't offer much by way of updates. Looks like they've been featured once or twice but how these guys can feature anything without giving to their backers is beyond me. I'm hugely interested in this, but it seems so long off.

Back