Brewtroller cabling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristan

Reaction score
I see that peeople generally use the three pin type connectors for their valves, sensors, etc. Instead of buying those and having to cut several holes for them in my control panel, I was looking into using D-SUB connectors but I'm not sure if it would be feasible (sp). Can anyone tell me if i SHOULD be using a seperate connector for each component or can I bundle all the wires into 1 or 2 D-SUB connectors? Are there shielding requirements that I am not aware of? Interferance issues? Cheers! :mug:

Hi Kristan,

I don't think you are going to face any kind of interference with your approach, if I well remember someone has successfully used rj45 connectors for the same purpose.

For sure you will save time at first, but you have to deep investigate in the always-possible-case that something won't work properly. But it's obviously up to you.

I'd suggest you to make a test, wiring a single D-SUB connector with some valves/sensors wired and then spend some time to see if everything is ok.

Good luck with your build, please do keep update here on this!

gm

Latest posts

Back