What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done. I was supposed to bottle 2 batches, transfer, oak, etc, and did squat.

I might hafta get on the Terrapin love train after this one. I've got a Phlux Capacitor I've been saving. :D

Have I told you guys about how great the 'tour' at Terrapin is? Georgia has some whacky beer laws, so breweries can't sell beer buy the glass and I couldn't get a beer with brunch. Anywho, at Terrapin it's $10 for a 'tour', you get a pint glass and 8 tickets for taster pours. The tour is optional, they have bands, people bring chairs, umbrellas, and picnics, and the taster pours are 8-12oz. They had Monk's Revenge, Phlux Capacitor, maybe Hopesecutioner, and some collab big beer plus the other stuff when I went. I'm a drunk and I still left with several tickets. If all the college girls in Athens weren't wearing mom shorts these days and it wasn't 95 degrees when we went it would have been perfect.

Athens also has a great bar next door to a Waffle House. Went down for Funky Fest which is 5 stars if you're within 6 hours or so.

Haha the tour sounds great. If I am ever in Athens I will check them out. I still have a Liquid Bliss and a Wake and Bake to try out. 10 buvjs

Billy-Klubb said:
no joke! I think it's a magic Corny. if I ever find the bottom, gonna try a Saison in that keg!

I figured you were using a half barrel with how long you've been drinking in that.

Cream ale

image-802011882.jpg

I hope I can get that in Nashville, this summer. I have 2 weeks vacation I'm taking back home in Gainesboro. Maybe I can bring back a few cases to last for a few months.
Having a Boddingtons on nitro now. Not sure what's next...

I know I didn't brew this but you can not go wrong with troeg's Nugget Nectar!! Wow is this stuff good!!! Look forward to it coming out every year!

The Hopslam was bottled 1/9/13. I also have a 3 Floyds Gumballhead and a 3 Floyds Pride & Joy, and a New Holland Mad Hatter IPA. Other than that, I really don't have anything else (that I'd be willing to trade :p ) that isn't available in Houston.

Would you do a gumball and pride for the pliny?

Sorry I did not get the message to keep pliny away from wesley :mug:

Drinking weyerbacher tiny while watching the Life of Brian on VHS. Going old school tonight!

ForumRunner_20130209_194819.png

DisturbdChemist said:

Drinking weyerbacher tiny while watching the Life of Brian on VHS. Going old school tonight!

Such a classic movie. My Easter tradition to watch every year

HB winter warmer. Little sumpin went too fast. SWMBO, only drink coors light, wanted that for the taste not "just to drink beer". Am I in trouble

image-1115355119.jpg

Cracked open one of these out of my stash , very nice , I can definitely tell this was aged in a bourbon Barrel !! Smooth with a nice warm ( small burn ) coming from the back .

image-3611198561.jpg

DisturbdChemist said:

I'll definitely do that trade. Just PM me when you get it and are able to trade.

ken_manke said:
Brooklyn Brewery - Monster Ale
My buddy split a bottle of black ops with me on Christmas and has another bottle waiting for a special occasion. Other than that only seen 3 other bottles for sale any otherwise. That's good stuff.

This is definutsley a pale ale- and den sum.Another reason to love NZ hops too. It always feels special when they seal the cap too, pretty quality beer as well and great for a 5%er.

bleddyn.jpg

image-867682257.jpg

Sweetwater Exodus Porter. It's a little too sweet and a bit thin, but damn, I like it.

My Belgian Witbier. I originally called it "KE Sharp Wit" but I think I should call it "Lightning In A Bottle." It's one of those homebrewed beers that turn out so well you worry about brewing them again for fear of eternally disappointing yourself.

20130209_200806_zps537fd11e.jpg

BrewinHooligan said:
That's my go to american lager and my wife always gives me **** for it... I guess all the craft beer I make her try has turned her into a bigger snob than I am

I think I'm experiencing a similar phenomenon with my wife

A Manhattan, on the rocks, made with Jim Beam Black.

Oh, and I have a Zombie Dust clone carbing up in bottles that should be good to go in another two weeks or so.

That's my go to american lager and my wife always gives me **** for it... I guess all the craft beer I make her try has turned her into a bigger snob than I am

When I'm drinking macro beer, this is my #1 choice. And it'll run with the best craft American lagers too.

I hate that it's become a hipster beer though. But oh well. My wife calls me a hipster for pouring it in a glass, asserting I'm doing it "ironically". Hah.

Plus, it's dirt cheap.

****ty days require stellar beer to ease the pain. Finished off 3Fs Baltic Witch now enjoying Firestone Walker Wookey Jack. Have a feeling this is just the beginning to a looong night.

When I'm drinking macro beer, this is my #1 choice. And it'll run with the best craft American lagers too.

I hate that it's become a hipster beer though. But oh well. My wife calls me a hipster for pouring it in a glass, asserting I'm doing it "ironically". Hah.

Plus, it's dirt cheap.

I hear that man. It's one of the only macros that actually has some flavor. Damn hipsters...

HopCity Barking squirrel and it is not good at all i think my first batch of Mr.Beer was better then this. taste like watered down beer. I was having a good night bottle my second batch of Mr.Beer and brewed a gallon of cola for the wife. Was getting ready to relax and watch some supercross with a nice cold one and was let down

Back