All Grain - Chimay Red Clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Denny said:
No, Chimay uses the same yeast for fermentation and bottling. Stan makes the point in BLAM that they have so much of the fermentation strain around that it makes no sense to keep another yeast for bottling. I have cultured Chimay yeast several tines and used it with excellent results.

I guess I'll have to try it then. Do you happen ti know if they use te same yeast in all their brews?

I'd heard that Chimay uses the same yeast for primary and bottle conditioning...but I heard Delerium uses a different strain for BC. No luck on the culture though, so I did a ten gallon batch and split the batch....one with White labs abbey and one with white labs trappist ale. Will post results from tasting side by side but I'd still like to get a hold of a good Chimay culture, will try from Permiere (tripel) next time. Anyone know where WL got the Abbey ale yeast started from?

Back