Angry responses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluidmechanics

Reaction score
I have noticed more and more that the responses to fairly genuine questions have responses with a lot of sarcasm and attitude. I understand people are passionate, as am I but belittling someone on the Internet is a cowardly move. This isn't everybody by any stretch, but I just see an increasing number of threads that turn to petty insults. I love the beer and brewing communities, the way some are responding isn't it folks. Anybody else notice this? Oh look, there is my soap box. I'll step do

Not to speak of. I find this is by far the most civil board I visit. Though, I may be jaded by NCAA sports boards...

I have noticed more and more that the responses to fairly genuine questions have responses with a lot of sarcasm and attitude. I understand people are passionate, as am I but belittling someone on the Internet is a cowardly move. This isn't everybody by any stretch, but I just see an increasing number of threads that turn to petty insults. I love the beer and brewing communities, the way some are responding isn't it folks. Anybody else notice this? Oh look, there is my soap box. I'll step do

Well, if we didn't have IDIOTS like you on here we wouldn't have to be so angry and sarcastic!!!!! :p:D

Very civil board, IMHO. Some may get snippy, but I haven't seen belittling, maybe I'm just reading the fun threads?

I'll handle this!!!
internet-dont_worry_tron-300x254.jpg

I think a lot of it goes back to people not using the search feature for....stupid questions...that have been answered 1000 times on the site. Especially in the beginning brewers forum, if they just search previous threads using the search feature then people wont have such a snippy answer for some of the questions which have come up 1000 times or are just plain dumb. The search features are there for a reason, even with that, some of the questions are so easy all you would have to do is google for it first. I always use the search on this forum or google before I post questions that could be or are probably repetitive.

Well, if we didn't have IDIOTS like you on here we wouldn't have to be so angry and sarcastic!!!!! :p:D

NICE!!!

You have to understand something though... Once you've been on these boards for a while you see the same (or close enough to be the same) question asked over and over and over and over and over again... There IS a search function built into the forums, but some people (typically noobs) don't know how to use it. OR they give up after looking through the first 20 threads that come up from the search they did. Or they give up after just one (maybe two) search attempts. The majority of questions you can think up (from a noob point) have been asked before and answered. Increase the time frame for the results (go for 6-12 months) and see what you get.

Of course, then there's just the flat out moronic questions, or those that have all the markings of trolls.

buzzkill said:
THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN COVERED,TRY THE SEARCH NEXT TIME.... kiddn. :D

Ha ha ha perfect response. I know most on here are good people, and for the most part everyone is cool and helpful. But what bugs me is those that are so miserable they try to make others miserable. There are those types everywhere you go, I guess.

fluidmechanics said:
Ha ha ha perfect response. I know most on here are good people, and for the most part everyone is cool and helpful. But what bugs me is those that are so miserable they try to make others miserable. There are those types everywhere you go, I guess.

Now I want names...

Just click the report button
report.gif
and drop a note to the mods. They don't always do anything about it, but believe me they do look right away. And they'll keep on eye on the thread for escalation of stupidity.

I have noticed that answers have been getting ruder as time passes, but nothing unacceptable to be honest. You want a rough forum try barf.

Plus we need newbs...so we can buy their stuff pennys on the dollar when they quit :p Honestly...the nicest people are the trolls in the Wine and Mead forums....the beer folk are a little tougher

biestie & golddiggle your getting very close to the OP's premise, of sarcasm, and attitude. Don't make me report you. :p

OP, you have a point. The past couple of months have seen a LOT more of this than I was seeing in the past.

The thing that I really feel like there is a spike in is the "attack the established, hepful posters for no apparent reason". That one bugs me a lot.

CBXBob said:
biestie & golddiggle your getting very close to the OP's premise, of sarcasm, and attitude. Don't make me report you. :p

Attitude? No. sarcasm? absolutely!

I kind of like the repetitive nature of some of the questions. If you've answered questions about secondaries and yeast not working just stop clicking on them and let some of the newer members who posted those same questions six months before answer them. And the search tool is far from perfect plus I've searched before, come up with poor results from years past and then posted the same question and gotten great responses from either newer members or experienced members that just missed it the first few times around.

And I will second the fact that this and Northern Brewer are by far the most civil and welcoming boards I've posted on.

But that's just like, my opinion man...

How many fingers am I holding up??? :p

I swear, the country is turning into one big pot of wuss-stew (had something better the first time, but the damned censor settings clipped it :mad:)... :eek: Everyone is so afraid to upset anyone else that they can't handle it when people have a backbone and are not afraid to speak their minds.. :fro:

Ok kiddies... Here's one for you.. Those that have light constitutions, or cannot handle reality turn away... Use your frakkin BRAINS for a change will ya?? :eek: :ban::fro::drunk:

And we now return you to your regularly scheduled politically corrected broadcast... Brought to you by Braino, wash your mind in two simple steps even a caveman could follow... :eek:

I agree with HomeBrewDad though...I have seen a few threads recently about people nagging about Revvy...he's a good guy...but trust me when you tell people they need a hydrometer, they need to read a book, etc....it gets annoying after a while.....or you get the guys....I AM A NEWB>....I DONT FEEL LIKE LEARNING THE HOBBY...>IN 6 SENTENCES PLEASE TELL ME ALL I NEED TO NO!

Yeah some people get tired of that after a while.

So guys...

I went downstairs expecting to pour a nice refreshing pint of delicious homebrew tonight, but only got a little bit of beer followed by lots of foam and CO2!!!

Does that mean my batch is ruined? :drunk:

When you find yourself in over your head, it may be time to stop digging. :D On the more positive note, I find HBT a great place to come, learn, play, and enjoy. No one here can piss me off, if I decide to get pissed off, it's my problem. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And every opinion, no matter how wrong it is in my opinion, is valid to the person professing it. I may not agree with your stupid opinion, but I will defend it to your death, and your right to profess it! I'm feeling totally all politically correct now.:) How many fingers am I holding up :rockin:

So guys...

I went downstairs expecting to pour a nice refreshing pint of delicious homebrew tonight, but only got a little bit of beer followed by lots of foam and CO2!!!

Does that mean my batch is ruined? :drunk:

Nice one. And yes; your batch is now ruined because instead of leaving alone you had to go and drink it and I guess if you look at that way I've had plenty of ruined batches of my own account...

I think everyone in America is feeling more combative lately. Maybe it is all the political hijinks going on that has people on edge. I personally haven't seen anything out of line but I also work with some real winners when it comes to manners and being sarcastic. (that last part was sarcastic) :)

I think everyone in America is feeling more combative lately. Maybe it is all the political hijinks going on that has people on edge. I personally haven't seen anything out of line but I also work with some real winners when it comes to manners and being sarcastic. (that last part was sarcastic) :)
You totally fooled me, I detected no sarcasm. You must try harder!

Sometimes I want to get snippy when responses are from people who are short sighted and only push what they know or what they "thik" others should do. For example: Random post "hey I washed and de labeled bottles all day........" Response: "You tool, why dont you just keg....."

Some people cant/dont want to keg... Some people cant/dont want to go to all grain... just answer their damn question and stop pushing your agenda :)

Oh, I forgot one: "Hey, check out this recipe I am going to try..." Response: "You fool why dont you stick to what has already been done....." some people like to experiment and you should let them! :D

OP, you have a point. The past couple of months have seen a LOT more of this than I was seeing in the past.

The thing that I really feel like there is a spike in is the "attack the established, hepful posters for no apparent reason". That one bugs me a lot.
Recommend use of the "report post" button. Please do not respond to trolling attempts or worse, pick fights.

Latest posts

Back