does not pasteruizing and not filtering effect taste?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebamaking

Reaction score
i just recently picked up 2 of my favorite beers in the world, stone ruination ipa and stone's regular ipa. this time, however, both of them have a funny off taste to them and aren't nearly as good as i remember..they are also full of particles, and i don't remember that at all...what has caused this? are they too old or too young? did the 2 hour transport in non-refrigerated temps hurt them? i've transported them the same distance before, and they were both still delicious! I just want to know why they don't taste the same...

There should be a date on those two beers. It should be in white towards the bottom of the bottle. Stone filters their beer. I'm guessing that it is super old.

Two other possibilities - they were exposed to high temperatures, or they were exposed to light, or both. I guess that's three.

As far as your transport conditions, it could be an issue. It can be warm in Birmingham. But more likely, they were exposed to excessive heat in getting from the brewery out on the west coast to Alabama.

USA has a huge problem with some imported beers, and it extends to US craft brews too. Beer is not a pile of bricks, and needs to be looked after. Find a new store.

thanks yall...it is a major disappointment when you by a quality brew for a ton of money and it hasn't been taken care of at all...sort of a shame.

i probably will...not really expecting anything out of it...just would like that next time i go into that store that the beers aren't ruined. considering the ruination was 17.49 a six pack it's not too much to ask for. it's even worse because stone doesn't even send beers to alabama, and i was working in georgia and picked some up on the way back. now i'm stuck with beer twice as expensive as i could get here and not near as good.

Back