A joyous find at the farmers market

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CEMaine

Reaction score
So, yesterday, I picked up my lovely wife and we went to the Wednesday Farmers Market in Portland. Bought a bunch of Basil plants, I love pesto, and some flowers. The last vendor we stopped at was Kennebec Flower Farm. They always have great quality plants and the real 'odd balls'. I was looking at herbs and my wife says "Babe, come look at this". On a rack is a hops plant. It is Cascade. No wait, there are two. No, THREE!! in 6" square tall pots. For $7.50 each. Chas told me they were divisions from his plants. I asked him if he brewed. He said with a smile, "no, I have friends who do".

hops.jpg

Hops%20price.jpg

I got these for far less then I could have gotten rhizome divisions. And they are much more advanced. I may get a small harvest this year!

Now I just have to figure where in heck I am going to put them. Maybe big pots for this season.

Back