Thank you for all the help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yggdrasil

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the appropriate section, but I just wanted to thank you all.

April 2020 my job locked down for about a month, and out of sheer boredom I stumbled across the recipe for making mead in a water jug with oranges and raisins. I had most of that lying around already so I tried it. To my surprise it worked, and wasn't completely terrible, so I decided to try a more serious batch.

After acquiring a carboy I scoured the internet to try and learn everything I could about making mead, something I knew almost nothing about prior. That's where I discovered this forum and apparently learned prettymuch everything I needed to know.

I say prettymuch because last October I started my first 90% serious batch. I actually finished it about two weeks ago, and gave a very small sample to a co-worker of mine. We once spent a shift talking about his viking heritage and I found that both he and his wife were avid mead drinkers, so he was the best person I knew to try it.

Well, he took it home to share with his wife, and the next morning I asked for his opinion, and he said (and this is verbatim):
"That is bar-none the best mead I've ever tasted."

So I've decided to start looking into thr arduous process of getting a license to sell it at my local farmer's market. I'm also trying to find space where I can expand my operation beyond the 3 6gal carboys I have I my coat room. Who knows, maybe one day I'll even have a proper microbrewery.

...and I owe a large amount of it to you guys and all the help you've been, even if you didn't know it.

So thank you!

P.S. this was already way too long, so I'm not even going to bother proofreading it. 😆

The notion of "selling" can be difficult to achieve depending on the locale...
Ah, yeah. I've been told getting a license from the provincial liquor board can be difficult, but so far they've been really helpful. Also the local farmer's market has been completely welcoming already, and they have a few alcohol vendors currently so that's not an issue.

Mostly just paperwork and legal stuff.

Actually, once I get established I'd be more than happy to share it with everyone here. It's just that the only thing I'm more paranoid about than doxxing myself, is having someone steal my ideas (name, logo, etc) before I can get it copyrighted.

Wait - you mean your introductory post almost a year ago?

Right. Here's the problem, my brewing friend: if I had to commit your deets to memory, I'd have to forget the 1980 USA Olympic Hockey Championship winning game, as I only have so much brain space left. And there are literally thousands of members here. I'm pretty sure I can't remember where they all live.

It would be easier if you just added your location to your avatar...

Cheers! ;)

...I'm not criticizing you for not remembering, that's why I repeated it... I was only mentioning it to be consistent.

I didn't even expect myself to remember it, which is why I said "I think" and had to go back to double check.

Not sure if this is the appropriate section, but I just wanted to thank you all.

April 2020 my job locked down for about a month, and out of sheer boredom I stumbled across the recipe for making mead in a water jug with oranges and raisins. I had most of that lying around already so I tried it. To my surprise it worked, and wasn't completely terrible, so I decided to try a more serious batch.

After acquiring a carboy I scoured the internet to try and learn everything I could about making mead, something I knew almost nothing about prior. That's where I discovered this forum and apparently learned prettymuch everything I needed to know.

I say prettymuch because last October I started my first 90% serious batch. I actually finished it about two weeks ago, and gave a very small sample to a co-worker of mine. We once spent a shift talking about his viking heritage and I found that both he and his wife were avid mead drinkers, so he was the best person I knew to try it.

Well, he took it home to share with his wife, and the next morning I asked for his opinion, and he said (and this is verbatim):
"That is bar-none the best mead I've ever tasted."

So I've decided to start looking into thr arduous process of getting a license to sell it at my local farmer's market. I'm also trying to find space where I can expand my operation beyond the 3 6gal carboys I have I my coat room. Who knows, maybe one day I'll even have a proper microbrewery.

...and I owe a large amount of it to you guys and all the help you've been, even if you didn't know it.

So thank you!

P.S. this was already way too long, so I'm not even going to bother proofreading it. 😆
Obviously a case of the rare mead well done.

Back