Buzzed...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teromous

Beer Gnome
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...not in the drinking way :cross:

When I was brewing last summer, I would see helicopters fly by, but never thought anything of it. Today I'm brewing and I see what looks like a police helicopter doing circles until it gets closer to my house, then it stops...hovers...flys away haha...I don't have good eyes so I couldn't tell...but I'm pretty sure it's the cops. Now I'm waiting for a knock on the door so I can share some :mug:

I think we need a homebrewing familiarization day in VA or something...

your probably right.

had the opportunity to mee the local sheriffs dept meth task force one day.

now picture this, beuatiful spring day, 10 gallons of my favorite IPA mashing away, then as i turn to head into the brewery, im confronted by black fatigues and an assault rifle and a hearty, "hands where i can see them and dont move!"

20 minutes later, 3 of them are in my little home brewery amazed to the fact that i "really" make my own beer.

now, the first 10 of those 20 min nearly cost me a clean pair of shorts, but now its just a cool fireside story...

"Adventures in the life of a Homebrewer"

This reminds me of some pics somebody posted of their stir plates and foil over bottles and measuring equip. It looks like something peculuiar in somebody elses eyes.
But that sucks,unless they bust you with too much homebrew, i think our state you allowed to brew so many gallons,but i dont even come close to that max i think per year.

Your burner might look a little like grow lights or a meth lab, heat signature wise.

Haha no swat team yet. I talked to my LHBS and they said some of the officers were homebrewers, so I'm hoping they know what I'm doing...my brew day is enough work without answering the door...

MBH,I'm shocked that someone took the meth lab thing seriously without at least confronting you. I've been a little worried about that myself. I was sitting here santizing bottles for an ale I was working on. I has the front door open,as it was a little warm in the house. The neighbors go jogging by,with strange looks or surprised smiles on their faces.
I had that happen at the old house around the block once! Dang old busy body next door thought I had Amy Mahalavic's body under my brush pile on hell's half acre. Th guy in the chopper put the spot light in my face & ordered me back into my house. I yelled F you! this my property Muther****! Then another guy lowers himself down & digs a trench,doesn't find a grave,& they leave. She had me on the cop's list as a suspect. Even her husband had to remind her that she saw me pile all those branches & stuff up! Geez!

...not in the drinking way :cross:

When I was brewing last summer, I would see helicopters fly by, but never thought anything of it. Today I'm brewing and I see what looks like a police helicopter doing circles until it gets closer to my house, then it stops...hovers...flys away haha...I don't have good eyes so I couldn't tell...but I'm pretty sure it's the cops. Now I'm waiting for a knock on the door so I can share some :mug:

I think we need a homebrewing familiarization day in VA or something...

Nice! I've wondered from time to time what the authorities would assume if they observed my homebrewing activities......

your probably right.

had the opportunity to mee the local sheriffs dept meth task force one day.

now picture this, beuatiful spring day, 10 gallons of my favorite IPA mashing away, then as i turn to head into the brewery, im confronted by black fatigues and an assault rifle and a hearty, "hands where i can see them and dont move!"

20 minutes later, 3 of them are in my little home brewery amazed to the fact that i "really" make my own beer.

now, the first 10 of those 20 min nearly cost me a clean pair of shorts, but now its just a cool fireside story...

"Adventures in the life of a Homebrewer"

And figured it could easily turn into this! I've always assumed in a great beer city like Mpls that our law enforcement officials would be well enough informed to know that many law abiding folks brew their own. But in this day in age, ya never know.

Back