What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having this.
uploadfromtaptalk1391225979343.jpg
Not bad, but it's a little too light for me.

His stuff is all over the place batch to batch. If I get over to NC again and can find more old ones than I want to hoard, I'll let you know. I've got a 6 pack of '12s. I tried one fresh and bought more hoping they come around. Could be a different batch than what you tried, these are one the phenolic/side. I hope I find another Stille Nacht honey hole. I've found a few 05 and one 07 in the last couple years that were some of the best beers I've ever had.

i'm in Cary...near Raleigh. Sounds like something worth seeking out. I'll have to investigate...maybe I can help some brothers out ;o) Is this stuff outrageously expensive?

I guess Ill give this one a whirl. In a stout mood. Maybe its the freezing rain. But this is a stellar beer

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

1391226887645.jpg

His stuff is all over the place batch to batch. If I get over to NC again and can find more old ones than I want to hoard, I'll let you know. I've got a 6 pack of '12s. I tried one fresh and bought more hoping they come around. Could be a different batch than what you tried, these are one the phenolic/side. I hope I find another Stille Nacht honey hole. I've found a few 05 and one 07 in the last couple years that were some of the best beers I've ever had.

Sure thing, let me know if you do.

Sent from your liver, please give me the night off!

i'm in Cary...near Raleigh. Sounds like something worth seeking out. I'll have to investigate...maybe I can help some brothers out ;o) Is this stuff outrageously expensive?

That depends on your idea of outrageous. This bottle was $4, which is what it cost 5 years ago. Generally in the $5.50+ range these days.

+1

Another one. Recycled picture, so what?
View attachment 176336

Gabe, where were you with that advice two years ago?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Not on HBT yet, but if we'd have met elsewhere I'd have gladly suggested. My wife thinks I've got baby fever. We're mulling over picking one up at the used kid store.

I have 1 homebrew left in the beer fridge,some partial bottles of wine/mead and Im having my 2nd to last Fuggles IPA. Gonna stuff my beerfridge with aging homebrews this weekend,that should have been in there long ago no thanks to good commercial craft beer. Well I do thank them very much.

IMG_20140131_215822645.jpg

Many thanks to wobrien for BIFing me this awesome Jester King Mad Meg. Loving the farmhouse character on this. I definitely want to try some more Jester King sometime. I need to do another farmhouse beer. Last one I did was last summer and I will surely being enjoying some more this summer.

20140131_225500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

That depends on your idea of outrageous. This bottle was $4, which is what it cost 5 years ago. Generally in the $5.50+ range these days.

Not so bad...if it's really good. I'm not going to buy cases, but I could pick up several, if I find them. There's a place in Raleigh called Tasty Beverage Co. that says they have some in their inventory. http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/state/city/placename/22581.htm Oerbier, Extra Export Stout and Stille Nacht

Hopefully the case discount makes up for the alchopop lambics. If you're new to the style, don't write it off based on those two.

Where you gettin fancy at tonight?

How's home feeling?

A home brew shop manager had them. :)
I'm having my cluster pale ale. I just got the best news ever. My sister is flying here for my birthday. 5 years here now and she's finally coming to see me! I can't explain my excitement!

Many thanks to wobrien for BIFing me this awesome Jester King Mad Meg. Loving the farmhouse character on this. I definitely want to try some more Jester King sometime. I need to do another farmhouse beer. Last one I did was last summer and I will surely being enjoying some more this summer.

20140131_225500 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I'll throw some homebrew in with that Bigfoot. I should make it to fedex this week.

Not so bad...if it's really good. I'm not going to buy cases, but I could pick up several, if I find them. There's a place in Raleigh called Tasty Beverage Co. that says they have some in their inventory. http://www.ratebeer.com/Place/state/city/placename/22581.htm Oerbier, Extra Export Stout and Stille Nacht

I haven't had the stout in quite a while, but if the oerbier or stille nacht are older (or not dated) I'd be very interested. Did Hello mention looking for a buddy to visit Asheville with? Just Brew It will be coming up again the end of May and it's by far the best regional homebrew event I've been to.

I've not done the dry-hop yet but am starting an IPA this weekend that calls for it. What's dry-hopping provide different from hops during the boil anyways?

It's good as always. A little thin than I remember but good. I'll wait a little longer

my brain. You need to drink more. It makes you invisible.

I'll throw some homebrew in with that Bigfoot. I should make it to fedex this week.

I haven't had the stout in quite a while, but if the oerbier or stille nacht are older (or not dated) I'd be very interested. Did Hello mention looking for a buddy to visit Asheville with? Just Brew It will be coming up again the end of May and it's by far the best regional homebrew event I've been to.

Hmmm...I haven't spent any time in Asheville in several years. I hear it has become quite a beer and foodie destination these days. Must discuss with SWMBO...have to look into it.

For the thread enforcers: I'm finishing my HB Big Dark Stout 22 ozer and moving on to a nut brown. No commercial stuff on hand to play with.

Gravity sample of my Roggenbier. Had some scorching with the heat sticks (I still don't know how, I've never had that happen before, and no issue with the next batch after it...), hoped it wouldn't be too noticeable (or I could at least pass it off as smoked), but the burnt flavor and aroma is pretty front and center and harsh and unpleasant. I'll see what happens after sitting, but that flavor probably ain't getting better, and I might dump the batch.

Uhhh... If you think you will dump.... Pass so my way.

I had that last year when it was first released. It was a boozy mess (like most of Avery's big beers). Does it get better with age?

Oh, it most certainly does. I recently drank a '10 Mephistopheles. Unbelievably good!

Sent from your liver, please give me the night off!

Back