west lafayette, in homebrew/microbrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idkid

Reaction score
i just got accepted to purdue's (west lafayette, in) ph.d. program and was wondering if there are any good homebrew supply shops and/or microbreweries that anyone knows of in the area???

Firstly, congrats on acceptance to Purdue - good school.

I grew up in Lafayette, just across the river. Lafayette has one Microbrewery, the Lafayette Brewing Co., located at about 6th and Main. Basically the only good beer in town (on the Lafayette side at least, I tend to avoid the college bars).

As for LHBS, there are none to my knowledge. The closest is probably in Indianapolis or so, an hour away.

I never drank much in West Lafayette mostly because I hate driving home drunk to my parents house...

I'd say get used to mail ordering your suppliels and dig deep for some more good places to drink.

On the up side, there's a homebrew club that includes that area and if you can get in good with them, maybe they'll take you shopping when they run out for supplies. Good luck and enjoy the midwest...

kvh

What was the name of that other brweer at Purdue? The one who interviewed with AB? He's still active on this forum... maybe he has some tips...

thanks for all the congrats and kind words. i'm excited to check out a few places, and indianapolis seems reasonable.

The HBS in Indy is called Great Fermentations. That is the best one I know of in the area. Indy also has a few micro's worth checking out, also down in bloomington but thats a bit far. Just if you are ever in the area.

Congrats!

Go Boilers!!

CS '02

Lafayette Brewing Co. is good, I liked the food too. I went to Chumley's a lot because they had Three Floyd's on tap. The Knickerbocker always had interesting stuff as well. I haven't been back in 5 years though so I don't know what it's like now.

Just found this thread. I know it's three years old, but did you have any luck finding some good supplies around Lafayette?

the guys above are correct, the closest homebrew shop is Great Fermentations in Indy. There are a few more options locally now for finding good stuff on tap, though the suggestions above are still completely valid. Add the Black Sparrow, and check out People's Brewing Company.

Funny that this old thread was dug up yesterday. I googled LHBS in the West Lafayette area and found this thread. Too bad there are none. Time to browse the forum.:mug:

Back