What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maine requires collision and liability. But yeah I'm covered, still paying on the car, the bank wouldn't let me have it without full coverage. I'm just a bit banged up, they wanted to take me in the ambulance to "observe you for the night" but it's just a few cuts and a scrape or 3. Hurt my ego more than anything, and seeing my beautiful car all covered in guts and dents. Could have been worse for sure.

It might be your body hurting more than your ego tomorrow. Airbags hit pretty hard.

I never thought full coverage was important, but my wife is way smarter than I am. Coverage came in handy, even on our old Suby. First when I about killed us on black ice taking her to school and then really handy when we got a nice check after a hail storm/

Hit a deer on the way home from the new house. Fooked up the whole front end of my car. 75mph 180ish lb deer, my choices were limited, hit the semi that I was passing, take the ditch into a rock ledge, or hit the bastahd. Got a nice set of antlers out of it... glad the wife wasn't with me, those airbags hurt like a mofo. I'm going to be sore tomorrow I think.

Holy foook balls glad your ok brah!

Just a 17% abv night cap!

ForumRunner_20130917_220509.jpg

jalapeno cucumber mead sucka.

Hit a deer on the way home from the new house. Fooked up the whole front end of my car. 75mph 180ish lb deer, my choices were limited, hit the semi that I was passing, take the ditch into a rock ledge, or hit the bastahd. Got a nice set of antlers out of it... glad the wife wasn't with me, those airbags hurt like a mofo. I'm going to be sore tomorrow I think.

Deer are dangerous around here also. They are serious driving hazards. I drive in the dark in fall-winter mornings 20 miles on the highway to work and Im always paranoid one of those ****ers will pop up out of nowheres.s. I was just thinking of this the other day,because its deer season right now. Glad your ok,if you are, happened to my friend it rammed right into his front window on his side, I had a few close calls a few times. They are like little grim reapers.

Thanks guys, yeah I'm alright, hitting the hay after a shot or 4 I think. Going to be a long day tomorrow, maybe I can convince the rental company to hook me up real good with a high end loaner. That'll ease my pain some.

Really embracing the fall and waiting fir the pow pow to start flying ..... Putting my first year BMC Sunday River mug to use ....LT Harvest

image-900033471.jpg

Drinking the rest of a bomber that I thought was infected.Pipeworks majestic. Its too like a jollypumpkin to dump down the drainer. Overcarbed but fruity and funky and not worthless of dumping. Not my thing although I would not dump a jollypumpkin either.

Thoughts on best color for glassware logo? Seems like white or black are the two standard choices, obviously black doesn't really pop on dark beers.

Don't much matter to me. My chief concern is how the beer looks in the glass, not if people can tell what brewery the glass is from. I usually just stick with the same glass all night.

Having a pecan pie ale as a nightcap.

CameraZOOM-20130917223551064.jpg

Still trying to finish this Alien stout. It has a strong sweet honey flavor that I don't like in it. Other than that, there's some nice roasted malt and coffee aroma and flavor going on here. Although the beer isn't that great, the flip top bottle alone is worth the 1.99 price tag and it's full of free beer.:D I'm tempted to buy a case just for the bottles.

image-3959382227.jpg

My first Resin, on tap at some tavern in Manhattan. Now I know what y'all are talking about.

OK that was Sunday night. Had no phone service in NY. Brought back some Bengali Tiger. Should I expect it to be as good, once it settles down?

I would say not good. And I'm not too keen on how the article was written. They made it sound like if you're a homebrewer, this is GOING to happen to you!:mad::mad:
That reminds me of the shark attack craze. Yeah 16 attacks per year is such a serious threat to the public. Really? Compare that with 600,000 annual deaths from heart disease. Not just heart attacks, actual deaths. The whole auto-brewery thing is interesting, but it's just a curiosity.

I am drinking sugar free cherry koolaid stuff. No alcohol for me for a few days, not after the moonshine last night.

Channel66 said:

Man that sucks. Glad you're ok

Thoughts on best color for glassware logo? Seems like white or black are the two standard choices, obviously black doesn't really pop on dark beers.

I'd definitely go for a lighter color. I'm not that concerned about seeing the logo on the glass when I'm drinking (well, at least once I get a picture I'm not concerned) but as a future pro brewer you want your name to be seen as much as possible :)

Allagash puts their logo in Orange red and yellow on their glasses, it stands out when empty or full of any color. I also notice some companies use white, outlined in black which stands out nicely as well. Just white or a bright color won't show well when the glass is empty and in good light.

Drinking coffee my whole body is fighting the fact that I'm up and about right now

Channel66 said:
Allagash puts their logo in Orange red and yellow on their glasses, it stands out when empty or full of any color. I also notice some companies use white, outlined in black which stands out nicely as well. Just white or a bright color won't show well when the glass is empty and in good light.

Drinking coffee my whole body is fighting the fact that I'm up and about right now

I like the idea of a lighter color outlined in a darker color or black. That way it stands out no matter what's in the glass.

BTW, how are you feeling this morning?

I like the idea of a lighter color outlined in a darker color or black. That way it stands out no matter what's in the glass.

BTW, how are you feeling this morning?

Not bad, sore but I've been worse. Though I'm about to get a headache, dealing with the insurance company, then the dealership, and the rental company.

I doubt they are going to total it, which sucks because the whole front end is destroyed but the frame is likely still straight, So basically I'll end up waiting to get a "fixed" car back, with its resale value completely destroyed thanks to carfax.

Channel66 said:
Not bad, sore but I've been worse. Though I'm about to get a headache, dealing with the insurance company, then the dealership, and the rental company.

I doubt they are going to total it, which sucks because the whole front end is destroyed but the frame is likely still straight, So basically I'll end up waiting to get a "fixed" car back, with its resale value completely destroyed thanks to carfax.

Yeah, that's never a fun process. I hope everything goes well.

Just read your post, C66. Insane. Glad you're ok. Better than hitting a moose, I reckon.

The Coff.

Latest posts

Back