Stainless Braided hose covers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope this helps! It sure works well for me.

I use a false stainless bottom, but in my boil kettle I insert either a copper or stainless metal scubber. I collect a small amount of wort in a pan to make sure it runs clear, then hook up the wort cooler:mug:

brewsponge1.jpg

brewsponge.jpg

I'm just curious, Thirstyone. Why bother with teflon tape on the fiitings that are inside the kettle? It doesn't seem like it would matter if it leaked a little bit while submerged in wort.

beer4breakfast said:
I'm just curious, Thirstyone. Why bother with teflon tape on the fiitings that are inside the kettle? It doesn't seem like it would matter if it leaked a little bit while submerged in wort.

If you had a dip tube and did not have leak free joints in the pipe fittings, once the liquid level reached the leak, the leak would act as a vacuum breaker and stop the siphon.

John

johnsma22 said:
If you had a dip tube and did not have leak free joints in the pipe fittings, once the liquid level reached the leak, the leak would act as a vacuum breaker and stop the siphon.

John

Makes sense.

Hmmm, where you get the idea to use Chore Boy to filter your elixer? :p

A lot of people use them, I've used the copper ones also. I think it works better if you drain from the side and whirlpool so the trub and hops get drawn to the center...

Scrubby1.jpg

I built a new one with fine mesh screen that works better because it has 2 inlets.
Boilfilter2a.jpg

Boilfilter3.jpg

Hey monster, where'd you get the fine mesh screen? I have a keg kettle but wasn't using a dip tube yet. Only did 3 boils with it thus far. Now that I built my CFC this is required but I couldn't find the screen at home d. So this Sat/today I was just going to do the copper scrubbie with the dip I'm assembling. Glad to see that actually can work as well but would prefer the screen...

Latest posts

Back