potential oxidation problem?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YeastHerder

Reaction score
Had a problem when racking over to the bottling bucket. The seal between the racking cane and the siphon tubing wasn't perfect and pulled a pretty big stream of air bubbles into the beer stream as it racked over. This seems like a definite introduction of oxygen into the beer, so I've been wondering what we'd get.

Its been two weeks bottle conditioning and just tasted one, it was carbed up nicely and tasted great.

What do you all think, should be hurry up and drink it while it is still good, or consider the oxidation issue a dodged bullet?

Here is a link to the recipe we did. It seems the type of ale that would normally benefit from more time in the bottle, but I'm worried O2 in there will make it worse with time instead.

Oxidation takes a while to have an effect. From what you have said, I suspect the beer will stale quickly. Drink quick (a month or so) and enjoy it.

Oxidation takes a while to have an effect. From what you have said, I suspect the beer will stale quickly. Drink quick (a month or so) and enjoy it.

Just wondering how long it takes for oxidation to have an effect. What is a while?

Also, what would make it go more quickly? What was it he said that would make it stale quickly? And why?

Thanks!

Back