4th of July picnics

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Misfit

Reaction score
So here I am sitting pool side at a 4th of july picnic at the girlfriends grandfathers house. There usually is no beer at these type of events (probably because he is a federal judge), but today I though hey ill bring a sixer of my home brew for myself and maybe one or two others to enjoy. I'm sitting here on my fourth small cup of my underhop ipa. I'm thinking oh god half of my sixer is gone allready and soon ill be out of beer.

Next what happens someone brings a cooler and says hey I brought the beer. My ears perk up and I get excited. Yuengling? Sam Adams? SN pale ale? Hell even miller light?

Nope. Flipping coors light. Sob. Might as well brought pee in a bottle. Now back to drinking real beer.

I ran out of Capital supper club yesterday while out on the water and was forced to switch to keystone light. It tasted like water, which was good since it was hot and sunny.

Keystone light pretty awful. I'm about to switch to coors I'm down to my last beer! Ahhhh!

Probably not drinking. Getting some hotdogs and some pool action. Did my drinking yesterday.

i bought some Redhook ESB for my bbq. just had one, and i'm wishing i'd gotten something lighter. i'd actually consider a lager right now.

luckily, the cooler is full of Skeeter Pee.

Badmitten kept me busy now its food time then its time for a swim. I had hoped my hard lemonade would be ready by now but three weeks wasn't enough. Wow its humid.

I scored a conversion victory Sunday... went to some friends for pool time and cookout and brought a 12'er of my El Jefe Weizen. My friend Jules (who's drinking BL Lime) asks what I brought. So I pop a top and hand her one and she's all "damn this is good - I could down a bunch of these" and proceeds to pour out her remaining BL Lime and drink my beers with me until they were gone. Victory is mine!!

A friend of mine brought Blue Moon Summer to my house yesterday. Not something I'd order at a bar, but pretty tasty and refreshing when you've been out in the sun. I also made my first attempt at barbecue. I brined and rubbed a pork butt, then smoked it for about 8 hours yesterday. For my first try, it came out really well.

263397_593302570252_52103277_32883293_6436179_n.jpg

262257_593361976202_52103277_32884369_1262681_n.jpg

269776_593362599952_52103277_32884393_4837956_n.jpg

Back