Gas regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cino101

Reaction score
Got one gifted and after hooking it up it leaks violently out of the bottle to stem connection. Upon further inspection there is no gasket at the end of the stem like my other working regulator. Is this gasket needed, if so can I buy a replacement one or do I need to buy a new stem altogether? Any recommended sites?

Yes it is needed, and yes the gasket can be replaced. You can pick one up at your local welding supplier or I have made one from a cardboard cereal box that worked just fine for a long time.

Yes it is needed, and yes the gasket can be replaced. You can pick one up at your local welding supplier or I have made one from a cardboard cereal box that worked just fine for a long time.
+1
I have a few spares just in case

That was easy enough! Used an old o-ring from my cornie and it seems to be working. Will have a bowl of cereal now in your honor!

Back