My wedding beer lineup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulive

Reaction score
The usually offered lineup was unacceptable, so I changed it to this;

Miller Lite, Hoegaarden, SNPA, and Sam Adam's Lager

What do you guys think? Is that balanced enough to cover everyone's tastes?

Looks like a pretty good lineup to me. Miller light for the BMC fans, Hoegaarden is sweet and light, and SNPA and SA for those who like some hoppiness. Since you generally want to stay on the lighter side for a wedding, I'd go with that.

Yeah I figured that would be a good lineup. I'm just concerned with the BMC drinkers. For swill drinkers, they can be pretty picky about which swill they drink. I had to condense the list down to 4 beers from the 6 crappy ones they offered...

Yeah, sadly I can remember debates over whether Bud DRY was better than Miller.....Oh the wasted years!!!! Thank God Almighty I'm free at last!

I don't see a problem. Then again, I have never heard anyone complain too much about selection even when very limited at a wedding....it's generally a secondary concern for most.

brewt00l said:
...it's generally a secondary concern for most.

As it should be. I just know that people will have expectations at my wedding. They know I won't overlook that detail...

Soulive said:
As it should be. I just know that people will have expectations at my wedding. They know I won't overlook that detail...

perhaps

I've been to weddings for fellow "enthusiasts" where they only had BMC/BMC light and nary a peep was heard about it.

'Course there is nothing wrong with offering variety and hopefully more satisfaction for all. Congrats on the pending celebration and wedding!

I doubt people would complain. Its just between me, my liquor store owning friend, and my head brewer friend, I wanna have good stuff...

Professor Frink said:
Since you generally want to stay on the lighter side for a wedding, I'd go with that.

I've never heard that before -- I mean, it's logical, I guess...... but tell me more. Any idea where that originated? Just curious, because I was planning on serving mostly brown ales or wheat beers at my wedding. All HB, but.... yeah. I may need to adjust my plans.

I guess...... tell me more! What' is or isn't considered "normal" to do?

brewt00l said:
I've been to weddings for fellow "enthusiasts" where they only had BMC/BMC light and nary a peep was heard about it.
I've been unfortunate enough to get stuck in the wedding party at 2 of this kind of wedding in the last year, and I can guarantee it ain't happening at mine. :D

chriso said:
I've never heard that before -- I mean, it's logical, I guess...... but tell me more. Any idea where that originated? Just curious, because I was planning on serving mostly brown ales or wheat beers at my wedding. All HB, but.... yeah. I may need to adjust my plans.

I guess...... tell me more! What' is or isn't considered "normal" to do?

I think they were just saying lighter might be better since people tend to consume a lot at weddings...

I went to a wedding recently that had the "regular" stuff and then two micros from Keweenaw Brewing Company- their blonde and a brown ale.

If I was coming to your wedding (the invitation must have been lost in the mail), I'd be drinking the SNPA. To me Sam Adams is ok, and I don't like Hoegaarden. Still those are great choices. But you know your friends and family and with my friends, I'd keep three "lighter" choices and get a brown or a stout.

Soulive said:
I think they were just saying lighter might be better since people tend to consume a lot at weddings...

Pretty much. I love a good dark beer, but if I'm doing the electric slide, I don't want too many stouts or IIPAs.

It's your wedding, what would YOU like?!?! Have that.

Ohh and whatever SWMBO likes too.

cowgo said:
It's your wedding, what would YOU like?!?! Have that.

Ohh and whatever SWMBO likes too.

Exactly, hence the SNPA. That one is probably both of our favorite choice for "sessioning"...

To be honest with you I didn't even drink a single beer at my own wedding. I was too busy with everything else that I barely ate. Didn't even get a piece of my own cake. I think we had Miller Lite, Yuengling and something else. I can't even remember and it was only 7 months ago.

Back