Taprite Regulator Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tflew

Reaction score
So tonight I am putting the finishing touches on my Keezer:ban: and hooked up the gas to a corny with 1 gallon of Starsan to run through the beer line real quick. Hooked everything up, turned on the gas and nothing happened...no rushing sound of air no jump in the PSI needle and i know the tank is full. I tried adjusting the big red knob up front but nothing happened. I have a three way manifold set up and the proper gas line was open. Was wondering if there was something else that needs to be adjusted for this to work.

Thanks

Did you open the tank valve? Is your regulator a dual gauge? If so, what does the high pressure gauge read?

I opened the tank after everything was screwed in and plugged in. It is a dual gauge regulator. By high pressure gauge do you mean the one that shows how much is left in the tank or the one that tells the psi going into the kegs. The psi one is at 0 and the one showing what's left is in the green...there should be a picture attached.

I opened the tank after everything was screwed in and plugged in. It is a dual gauge regulator. By high pressure gauge do you mean the one that shows how much is left in the tank or the one that tells the psi going into the kegs. The psi one is at 0 and the one showing what's left is in the green...there should be a picture attached.

Sounds like you just need to adjust the regulator. Turn the big red knob clockwise until the gas starts flowing.

And FWIW, the high pressure gauge doesn't tell you how much gas you have left. It only shows what the tank pressure is, which at a constant temperature will be about the same until all of the liquid CO2 is gone, and all you have left is a little CO2 vapor. The only way to tell how much gas you have left is to weigh the tank.

that solved the problem. I wasnt turning the red dial enough...guess i was worried about it all shooting out to fast or something. I thanks for explaining the high pressure gauge...learn something new everyday

Back