Ever had one of those days??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewalk02

Reaction score
So I got home from work today and decided I would install the site tube on my keggle (thanks to Bobby for sending it promptly, although I just got around to installing it). Went to grab a homebrew as is required to do such work and to my surprise the CO2 was completely drained from my tank. I JUST REFILLED MY 6lb CO2 TANK ON FRIDAY!!!! Needless to say I was a little ticked off and had to siphon beer out of my keg to fill my glass, but whatever I'll fill it back up tomorrow. I guess my question is: Has anyone else out there had such a frustrating experience, I guess I would like to hear some other comedic stories so that I can RDWHAHB and laugh it off!

Yesterday I brewed my second all grain. Everything went perfect until a few minutes after I turned the water on for the immersion chiller in the boil pot four hours into the process. I thought I saw some water dripping down into the pot from the supply line, went to inspect, and pulled it right off spraying water into my batch that was 20 minutes from it's happy place.

Ran to shut off the water. Cut the crappy clamp that came with the chiller off. Stole a clamp off of one of my keg lines and was back in 5 minutes to cool again. Asked my wife if she'd sabotaged my chiller. (It was a gift from her aandddddd, she asked the other day if I was planning on brewing "every" weekend.)

All seemed well.

Until, I took the carboy down to the fermentation room to pitch the yeast, couldn't find my scissors, got lazy, grabbed a dull knife, and sprayed dry safale all over me and my immediate area.

Screw it, scooped up about 3/4 off the counter and my glasses, pitched and waiting.

Making you feel a bit better?

By the way, the entire time this was going on, my daughter's friends stopped in every 3 minutes to ask... "Is she up from her nap YET????"

... to my surprise the CO2 was completely drained from my tank. I JUST REFILLED MY 6lb CO2 TANK ON FRIDAY!!!!

It is this very reason why I keep the valve on my CO2 tank closed almost all the time. I shake carbonate all my beer so everything is already gassed up when it goes into the fridge. I just keep an eye on my low pressure gage and when it starts to dip down a couple of PSI, I open valve to charge everything back up and close it again. No matter how hard I try, there is always a pesky leak somewhere and trying to find it and fix it is more trouble than just turning the valve on and back off every couple of days.

Prosit!

Back