Hello from Frisco, TX

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pretzelb

Reaction score
Hi everyone. After lurking for a while I decided to create an account. I still haven't finished my first batch yet but I'm already planning my next one. I hope to at least get something drinkable!

Roughly I'm over by the community college and the Superdrome, near Preston and Rolator.

Welcome! What part of Frisco are you in?
That's such a funny question for me. I lived in The Colony from 1991-1998. When I first moved there, Frisco was a single intersection way up North of where everything is today. There were no "parts" of Frisco. ;) In fact, there was a single Ford dealership at Preston and 121, and not another thing (except cow pastures) within 5 miles in any direction. Things sure have changed a lot up there - especially the last few years. We went to a HS reunion over that way recently, and I didn't even recognize where I was!

That's such a funny question for me. I lived in The Colony from 1991-1998. When I first moved there, Frisco was a single intersection way up North of where everything is today. There were no "parts" of Frisco. ;) In fact, there was a single Ford dealership at Preston and 121, and not another thing (except cow pastures) within 5 miles in any direction. Things sure have changed a lot up there - especially the last few years. We went to a HS reunion over that way recently, and I didn't even recognize where I was!

I remember that dealership well because back in the early 90s I used to ride with a biking group up Preston right past that dealership. We had a giant breakdown lane at the time but it was still a bit crazy. Now (sadly) it's all malls and retail. You can't even walk safely on some areas. Back then we would pass such places as "The Doll House" and "The 121 Tub Club". Still can't believe those places were in existence just that long ago.

Welcome!

I remember playing football against Frisco when I was in high school and they were just AA and the town was just a wide spot on 289. Heck, I remember when Plano was 'really out there.'

Back