Saisson drink time...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
How long from pitch to kegging until this kind of beer is ready to drink? I'm wondering if it is best young like a hefe...

Depends on the beer, how big it is, what yeast was used and more.

If it is a traditional low gravity saison with fast clean yeast and a good amount of hops, you could probably push 1 week in the keg.

It also depends on your taste and degree of suspense threshold. I brewed a thrice hopped special red that I drank at 3 weeks from brew to glass, 1 week in keg, but I also planned for that, and it will be drank before it's prime (although still delicious). That's why I always bottle a sixer or so for aging/finishing.

Depends on the beer, how big it is, what yeast was used and more.

If it is a traditional low gravity saison with fast clean yeast and a good amount of hops, you could probably push 1 week in the keg.

It also depends on your taste and degree of suspense threshold. I brewed a thrice hopped special red that I drank at 3 weeks from brew to glass, 1 week in keg, but I also planned for that, and it will be drank before it's prime (although still delicious). That's why I always bottle a sixer or so for aging/finishing.

Used wyeast 3711. Attenuated down to 1.006 in 3 weeks, just kegged it. Almost 7 % ABV. I had a pint yesterday and it tasted overally citrusie to what I thought it would be. Pretty spicy as well, but I expected that. The alcohol warmth I think was perfect not noticable until the after taste in which it produced a slight warmth in my belly. :)

Back