When I am ready to rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tielson's

Reaction score
When I am ready to bottle and rack my cider, can I take the cap off of the carboy and just siphon from there or is there a certain method I should follow??????

There's other ways, but pinch the tubing like he does in the vid.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crazy's way is best.

If you don't have the carboy hood atm. Then simply put the carboy a good 3feet+ over the racking carboy/bottling bucket for gravity. Throw a racking cane in, clean your mouth with listerine/vodka and suck your way to a better you. works the same.

I wanna rack
RACK
I WANT TO RACK
RACK

(Tribute to olllllllo)

Please, don't suck start the siphon...

Put the carboy on the counter top a few HOURS before you want to rack. When time has passed take the airlock in, put in a clean/sanitized racking cane and position your bottling bucket beneth. To start the siphon use a clean/sanitized turkey baster...just squeeze the air out, stick it in the tube, let go and pop it out when the beer starts to flow. Fill up your bottling bucket...put it on the counter where the carboy was and use your bottling spigot/bottle filler to bottle....just use a couple inches of tubing to connect the spigot to the bottling wand.

Don't forget the priming sugar

Latest posts

Back