Wet Keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ciphin78

Reaction score
Keezer setup:

Freezer – Holiday 7.2 cu. Ft.
Collar – Cedar 2x4’s

The collar is attached to the freezer (not the lid) via silicone. I’ve used all weather caulk on the seams on the inside of the collar. The lid appears to have a good seal on the collar. I have the temp controller set to 36. The probe hangs in open space about 4-5 inches off the bottom of the freezer. I currently do not have any additional insulation on the inside of the collar. I have two Eva-dry dehumidifiers and one Damp-Rid container inside the freezer. I still have quite a bit of excess moisture inside the freezer. What am I missing? Do I really need more insulation on the inside of the collar? I’ve read most of the other threads about moisture and that’s where I got the ideas for the weather caulk and the dehumidifiers…what else do I need to do?

Do you open the keezer often? If not, then I agree with Hammy ... with all of those dehumidifiers, you definitely have an air leak.

I'd bet that you will get some benefit from insulating the collar also, but in any case you need to stop moisture from entering the keezer in the first place.

Good luck! And let us know what you find so we can all learn ...

Back