New Homebrewer Here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crags9

Reaction score
Hello All!

I have been lurking on HBT for the past couple of weeks and have learned some great tips! So far, I have brewed a Nut Brown Ale (which I tasted for the first time last night and it was delicious) and currently have a Brewer's Best Oktoberfest in the primary. This has quickly turned from a hobby into a downright obsession! I'm already constructing a keezer out of a 6 cu ft freezer I got for free from a family member!

The next kits I've picked up have all been from Austin Homebrew Supply and they are a Shiner Bock Clone, a Pumpkin Ale & an Abita Amber clone. Does anyone have some good suggestions of beers that a lot of your friends/family enjoy? Basically, some popular recipes that would really "wow" some people!

I'm sure I will have many questions down the road! Thanks for everyone's input!

Chad

Welcome to your own personal version of heroin! IPA's if you like hops or want to be introduced to a great beer brew this. Again welcome and congrats on your new obsession. Family+Free+Freezer=WIN!

You sound just like I did 2 months ago lol! I recommend sticking with the brown ales. I screwed up my first one, and it still got an 8/10 cumlative rating from all my friends and family.

Back