The [very cool] doctor who thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed I understand MEs role in the end but Jesus I hates her character and for the love of God why can't Clara stay dead. She's been my least favorite companion up there with Martha.

I want more Missy
Clara kind of bores me, but Martha was awesome.
Neither one was as obnoxious as Donna.

Also, the old Doctors frequently had companions from other times or places. Men, people from the past, people from the future, aliens, robot dogs... why does every damn one in the new run have to be a 20-something woman from 21st century England? It's time for an alien companion already.

Also, the old Doctors frequently had companions from other times or places. Men, people from the past, people from the future, aliens, robot dogs... why does every damn one in the new run have to be a 20-something woman from 21st century England? It's time for an alien companion already.

Nardole certainly doesn't fit that mold... I was actually a bit nervous he was going to wind up irritating, but he so far seems to add just the right amount of levity - when the time is right. His reaction to the "It's bigger on the inside" moment was absolutely perfect, for instance.

Nardole certainly doesn't fit that mold... I was actually a bit nervous he was going to wind up irritating, but he so far seems to add just the right amount of levity - when the time is right. His reaction to the "It's bigger on the inside" moment was absolutely perfect, for instance.
Oh, I'm not there yet. Still working through s9.

Oh, I'm not there yet. Still working through s9.

Captain Jack? Donna Noble? (the age was a bit off for her, but everything else you still hit pretty much on the nose) Rory Williams? Hell, River Song is considered a companion of sorts by many...

Seems there've been at least as many companions who didn't fit your description as there've been companions who have (though, with the exception of Captain Jack, Nardole, and River Song, they're all early 21st century folks from England, that's true).

Captain Jack? Donna Noble? (the age was a bit off for her, but everything else you still hit pretty much on the nose) Rory Williams? Hell, River Song is considered a companion of sorts by many...

Seems there've been at least as many companions who didn't fit your description as there've been companions who have (though, with the exception of Captain Jack, Nardole, and River Song, they're all early 21st century folks from England, that's true).
Yeah, okay, but I really meant people who were *primary* companions. Like Rory hung around but he was just Amy's +1. And River and Jack were kind of... I don't know, periodic recurring characters, but not capital C Companions.

Like Donna's dad, Wilf or Mickey, or Danny Pink. They traveled with the Doctor once or twice, but you couldn't exactly call them regulars.

What about Leela? (Fourth Doctor) I don't remember; was she even human?

What about Leela? (Fourth Doctor) I don't remember; was she even human?
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. The Doctors in the old series used to do that all the time. Leela, Jamie, Adric, Nyssa... but the reboot series have done that much less.

Back