Hello from Oswego, IL

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sumoweasel

Reaction score
Just got into this after my wife bought me all of the equipment for Christmas. Made about 20 batches last year with my buddy from work. Now have made four on my equipment! I even had some bottles explode and had to waste a batch...ARRGGGHHH

Damn, way more experience than I; on my first Apfelwein brew over here.

Well good luck and welcome!

(I'm new myself, but the people here are generally very helpful, and a lot of fun.)

Welcome, fellow person from Illinois.

I'm newer to brewing, but older to this site. So which of us wins?

edit: apparently you joined earlier but didnt post till now. I guess you win :)

Yeah, joined awhile ago to browse topics, finally got around to introducing myself I guess. Glad to join the community, that's for sure.

Where you from? Noticed the reference to "Illini" and "Sox". Two of my favorites to keep tabs on! I grew up in Peoria.

Wow, more IL/Chicago Area people!

Welcome, I just joined too!

Looking forward to making some brews after learning the basics.

Welcome all you new IL people, glad to see more of us around the board here. Not far from you sumoweasle, Aurora here. Have fun and enjoy.

sumoweasel said:
Yeah, joined awhile ago to browse topics, finally got around to introducing myself I guess. Glad to join the community, that's for sure.

Where you from? Noticed the reference to "Illini" and "Sox". Two of my favorites to keep tabs on! I grew up in Peoria.

Hey, sorry I didn't reply sooner, was away for a couple of days.

I currently live in Urbana, as I am going to the UofI. However, I'm from Bolingbrook, so pretty close to a lot of people here. I'll be graduating in a few weeks and moving back there.

FEARDIZ said:
Hi Bloomingdale here, are you still doing extracts? Kits or recipes?
Doing a little bit of experimenting with my own partial mash recipes. Done some kits from various places. Just bottled a Bass Clone last night, looking forward to trying that one in a couple weeks.

Missed this somehow. Welcome. A good friend of mine has lived in O'go for nearly 20 years. I still need to hit the Emmett's there.

Rhoobarb said:
Missed this somehow. Welcome. A good friend of mine has lived in O'go for nearly 20 years. I still need to hit the Emmett's there.
Emmett's has a good selection of food items and their beer selection covers all of the bases. Definitely recommend the prime rib. I had it last after I totaled my car on the way home with the sampler platter of their beers....life was good!

Latest posts

Back