Hi all from Beautiful Nipomo Ca.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrinityBrews

Reaction score
Hi all. I found this forum today while I was at work and thought that it looked pretty cool. I have been brewing for about two months now and am getting ready to start our third batch on Friday, a porter. I would like some tips on coming up with recipes. I have only used extracts but would like to jump to AG in the next month or so. Any advice?
Thanks

Hi and welcome to HBT! :mug:

I will suggest finding extract with specialty grain recipes you like at first. Try to find tried and true recipes. As you brew a few of them take good notes on what you liked and didn't like. Then start making your own recipes based on what you have learned and what you like.

Oh and ask us questions along the way.

Hello
I am also in Nipomo!
I have my 5th batch brewing now.

I have only been making all grain.

I recommend you study recipes for your favorite beer styles and watch youtube to learn techniques.

People have been making good beer for a long time so it does not have to be rocket science unless you want to make it that way.

Don't let others discourage you from jumping right in and doing what you want.

Latest posts

Back